[RECOVERY] Clockwork Recovery for Coby Kyros MID-7015

Daali

Oct 19, 2010
Sweet!!!
Thinking of getting one of these tonight

From my Droid X with love...

cyron

Dec 2, 2010
Is anyone having an issue with their Coby MID7015 Tablet locking up every 5-10 minutes of non-use?

Daali

Oct 19, 2010
Can I get a MD5 verification and will this work after the cobyusa update?

I get 7a59e4f9d69ba348f2ff701bd958f78c for recovery.img from sendspace.

akxss825

Dec 14, 2010
You may be seeing the normal timeout feature. Press the power key to see a screen with a lock icon and a speaker icon. drag the lock icon towrd the speaker and it unlocks the screen.

Dec 13, 2010
can someone please help me get my coby MID7015 back to the 1st time i took it out the box so i can try the root process again.

i got up to this step: Click "Have Disk" and browse to the c:\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver folder. Double click on android_winusb.inf.

and it keeps telling me to find winusbcoinstaller.dll

the only drivers i see in sdk are in google-usb_driver>i386 winusbcoinstaller1.dll same one for google-usb_driver>amd64 winusbcoinstaller1.dll

how do I reset my device and start this install from scratch with the coby firmware update for the MID7015. I suck at stuff like this please help me start from scratch. thanks for the help

Phase3d

Dec 8, 2010
For a complete return to stock just install the update.zip from Coby's website, and choose wipe data factory reset.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

deadinside

Dec 17, 2010
can someone please help me get my coby MID7015 back to the 1st time i took it out the box so i can try the root process again.

i got up to this step: Click "Have Disk" and browse to the c:\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver folder. Double click on android_winusb.inf.

and it keeps telling me to find winusbcoinstaller.dll

the only drivers i see in sdk are in google-usb_driver>i386 winusbcoinstaller1.dll same one for google-usb_driver>amd64 winusbcoinstaller1.dll

how do I reset my device and start this install from scratch with the coby firmware update for the MID7015. I suck at stuff like this please help me start from scratch. thanks for the help

Go to this thread "Coby Kyros MID7015 Utimate Guide - Rooting, Android Market, ClockworkMod Recovery " and look at step 9 where it talks about editing the inf file to add those lines of code to the inf file. This will fix that.

B24

Dec 29, 2010
Please HELP: Coby MID7015 doesn't play you tube: Error: sysdev application stopped....forced close. Moreover, it doesn't allow me to update.
Thanks for any help.

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
Download recovery.img from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

use flash_image and flash recovery to tablet. (ex flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img)

Navigating:
Home is down
Menu is select
Back is back

Everything works and I'll post stock nandroid dumps on here soon.
I have rooted with z4root, did update.zip from cobyusa.com, installed file manager, rom manager, then tried to go for the clockworkmod recovery. Once in the terminal emulater, I ranthe above comand and it was not found. What have I missed?

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
Hold down the power button and the silver back button on the front of the device at the same time until you aee the little android dude. release the buttons. Now push the silver back button. Use the home and menu key to select to reset to factory and then select yes then hit the silver button again. Now can you tell me how to get gapps installed on mine along with clockworkmod recovery?

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
Razor950, here is what I have done to my Coby Kyros thus far. I installed the update.zip,installed z4root(rooted it),downloaded recovery.img (at least I think I did) to the sdcard,got the terminal emulater installed. I even got the gapps download. the root of my sdcard has these files
andexplorer.apk
android-sdk_r10-windows.zip
flash_image
install_recovery.bat
jdk-6u22-windows-i586.exe
recovery_image
recovery.x5ag.img
telechips_hsg-x5ag_cw2.5.1.0.zip
update.zip
z4root.1.3.0.apk

I have pulled up the terminal emulater and entered this...

su (return)
# (got this)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (return)

After hitting return, I am told that (no file found). By looking at the contents of the sdcard, can you tell me what it is that I'm doing wrong? I bought this inexpensive tablet to practice on, so I'm not worried about messing it up to much. But I'm getting ready to give up.:mad::mad: And I have the Coby Kyros 7015 2.1.update1, kernel version 2.6.29 root android 2.1, build number mid7015a 1.6a 01/26/11. Hopes this helps with an answer.

Last edited: