[RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project 2.8.7.0

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
This is TeamWin Recovery Project version 2.8.7.0 for Lenovo Ideatab A2109.

twrp-recovery-2.8.7.0-20160303.img (MD5: bc56af770828092271fd92d11021bbcc)

Sources are in the cm-12.1-twrp branch of my device tree on github

This is a very nice recovery with more functionality than cwm. Note that cwm backups appear to be incompatible with twrp!

To install, reboot to fastboot and use fastboot to flash the recovery image. On Linux:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x17ef flash recovery twrp-recovery-2.8.7.0-20160303.img

Basics for installation (how to boot to fastboot, etc.) are over here:
[HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod Recovery and Root | Android Tablet Forum
Unlock A2109 Boot Loader with Ubuntu | Android Tablet Forum

I've tested the usual functionality myself (backup, restore, adb sideload, installing zips) and a few other bits and all appears to work fine.

Last edited:

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
Hi, @PJBrs , i flash new recovery, nice work. But i can't find sdcard. Reboot revovery - done, but nothing.
Thanks.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi, @PJBrs , i flash new recovery, nice work. But i can't find sdcard. Reboot revovery - done, but nothing.
Thanks.
Thanks for testing! I'm a bit puzzled, I myself am using twrp with an sdcard. If you open one of the mount, install, backup or restore menus, each should have a large button somewhere saying something like Storage: Internal storage. If you tap that button, it will offer you the choices of internal storage, sdcard or USB stick. Please check.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I'm sorry, I can't replicate this. Did you first mount it? Try to open a shell with adb and issue

Code:
mount

and perhaps

Code:
dmesg

just to see if anything stands out.

Tattmann

May 16, 2015
has anyone else had a file system problem after changing from cwm to twrp? I had an e failed to mount preload problem. Fought it for a day and switched back to cwm 6.0.5.1 and the problem seems to have corrected itself. (or so it seems for now)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
has anyone else had a file system problem after changing from cwm to twrp? I had an e failed to mount preload problem. Fought it for a day and switched back to cwm 6.0.5.1 and the problem seems to have corrected itself. (or so it seems for now)
There's a message about a filesystem error always, but it's harmless (I messed up the fstab in that one). So, if that's the same error you're seeing, then you should have no problem with twrp.

Jake Stanger

Jun 14, 2018
Trying to produce a new build of this for the 3.4 kernel/CM14.1. Going in pretty much blind and learning the entire android build process as I go. I've got a succesful recovery.img being built, but fastboot is failing with `remote :(InvalidSize)`. Anybody got any idea what this is about, or anything else I'd need to do to update the recovery?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Trying to produce a new build of this for the 3.4 kernel/CM14.1. Going in pretty much blind and learning the entire android build process as I go. I've got a succesful recovery.img being built, but fastboot is failing with `remote :(InvalidSize)`. Anybody got any idea what this is about, or anything else I'd need to do to update the recovery?
Hi, I haven't used 3.4 myself for twrp, since the resulting kernel was too big. Instead of flashing your recovery, you can also just boot it (sth. like fastboot -i 0x17ef boot recovery.img), then you can check. However, I do have a new recovery now, I'll post it later.