Remove Nemo Player

cosyCloud

Oct 26, 2011
Hello -

My Acer A500 is gone crazy lately and it seems to be the Nemo Player. Today was the final straw when I turned it on and Nemo Player was flashing on and off and I could not do anything while the screen flickered all over the place with Nemo popping up "loading" I want to rid of it. I never use it - it never plays the movies I want to watch and for some reason starts when the tablet turns on.

It came pre-installed on the tablet though. How do I get rid of it?

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Unfortunately Nemo, which I never use and don't care for, is in the ROM and can't be deleted without rooting you tablet. My best plan of attack would be to do a hard reset and return your tablet to factory condition and start over. Back up everything to your SD card first using an app manager like Astro. I love my Acer A500 and have not had that problem. But if rebooting doesn't fix it then you may have a corrupt ROM. Very unlikely though. In that case I would try to claim the warranty for a replacement. Anyone else please chime in if you have any other ideas, I'm far from an expert in anything. Good luck.

cosyCloud

Oct 26, 2011
Hi and thanks for the reply. In case anyone else comes along with this problem ... I left it alone charging but on for a while and when I went back to it, Nemo had ceased to think that it was docked and stopped flickering and blocking everything else from happening.

I think there is an issue with the tablet it self - but as I don't plan on docking it I installed an app to just stop Nemo when it starts so hopefully this will help.

I am still in warrenty though so next time I restart my tablet we'll see if it happens again.

Thanks for your help though - I am wanting to root my tab - just waiting until i am out of warrenty or can afford to buy another when I invariably mess it up somehow.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum