[REQ] Flytouch 10 Quad A31 10.1/ Momo20 Firmware Needed

mrcrowley

Apr 2, 2013
Hi I need the original firmware for this device. Is there any way to get hold of this?

My pad developed some problem with the internal memory. In settings/Apps it shows internal memory as being full even after I've done factory reset several times and cleared caches. If I try to download or update any apps in Google play it complains internal memory is full.
The internal memory is not full so must be a problem with system files.
No amount of factory reset has helped.

The only fix for this as far as I know is to flash a compatible firmware.

As there is apparently no firmware available for this device I decided to look at firmware from other devices with same specs = A31/10.1 inch devices.

First I tried is [NOVA] Phoenix A31 1.00 firmware by Tragidy
This firmware is said to be generic and will work in other devices.
The firmware flashes but on completion you get an android man and it gets stuck at that screen.

Next I tried Original Stock Nova 10 A31 Quad Core Tablet
This flashed fine but on loading the screen calibration is way off and Wifi does not work. I still have some controll thanks to a usb mouse.

Lastly I tried flashing CHUWI V10 firmware everything worked as hoped except one thing: The touch screen did not work at all on this firmware. Again control is possible with a mouse.

I tried a few other firmwares not mentioned because they failed to flash.

It seems whatever firmware I try to install isn't going to quite work right unless its actually designed for this device. Maybe work arounds is possible by install specific system files?

I noticed the original firmware in this device says it's MOMO20 in fact this device looks identical to the MOMO20 except it is labeled Flytouch 10 on the back. Hence why it has the same firmware.

Reason I tried to flash other firmwares is that the original rom was corrupted some way and in that sense useless to me and recovery did not help. I figured the information I wrote above might also be useful to someone.

To get my device properly working again I need original firmware is anyone able to supply this? Help appreciated.

Edit: I should also add that on the other firmwares internal memory no longer shows as full. This rules out a hardware issue.

Last edited:

mrcrowley

Apr 2, 2013
Talk about sooner.

The firmware is out, there are two versions so flash the right one using pheonix suite, i think it depends if you have v1 or v2 ( should say somewhere on the back of your tablet).

V1 firmware - download.ployer.cn/pr/MOMO20(P101-V01)4.1.1-20130131.rar
V2 firmware - download.ployer.cn/pr/MOMO20-AU-4.1.1-20130325.rar

Thanks for that.
I have downloaded both lots of firmware as I can't find a serial anywhere.

I now seem to be stuck though. I think the Chuwi V10 firmware might have screwed things up regarding firmware flashing.

I can't get either of the above firmwares to flash or in fact any firmwares.

Phoenix Suit detects my device just fine. When I then go to flash the firmware I get as far as: "Begin to upgrade Firmware to device" It then gets stuck there. The progress bar doesn't move. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I have also tried flashing on another computer with the same result.

I suspect the problem is the Chuwi firmware enters upgrade mode by a different method such as powering on while holding the home button. Problem is my device doesn't have a home button.

I wonder is it possible to flash firmware using ADB?
I haven't explored that route yet and am still reading up on it.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Last edited:

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
no nothing to do with adb, did you try holding down power button and volume buttons, once you hit begin to upgrade firmware, manually hold down different combinations of the buttons you do have on your device to force it into download mode. I had to do the same thing with the NOVA 10 tablet after i flashed a foreign firmware on it. As soon as you boot your tablet into download mode, pheonix suite will start flashing the firmware onto the tablet.

mrcrowley

Apr 2, 2013
As soon as you boot your tablet into download mode, pheonix suite will start flashing the firmware onto the tablet.
Unfortunately this is not working for me. It says "Begin to upgrade firmware to device" But it just stays there. The progress bar does not move.

I don't know what else I can do now :(

mrcrowley

Apr 2, 2013
Ok I finally did manage to get the firmware to flash. After hitting upgrade I waited for my pc to indicate the device was disconnected (with an audible beep). I then hit the reset button several times while holding both volume buttons. With volume buttons held I tapped the power button rapidly (maybe around 10 times). This forced the mandatory format/upgrade when previously it was just getting stuck.

Ok thats the good part.

The bad bit is that neither of momo20 firmwares worked 100% The v1 firmware booted fine but the graphics where distorted. Not sure how to describe. Touchscreen not working. I did have control with a mouse though.

The v2 firmware all appears fine but the touchscreen control is mirrored. eg I swipe left the screen moves right. If I touch the right part of the screen it's mirrored to the left. I would bet there'd be a way to put this right if I was to root it. Maybe someone knows where to start looking?

Failing that I need to get hold of Flytouch 10 firmware. I was under the impression this device was identical to the momo20 but obviously I was wrong. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any flytouch 10 firmware available yet.

kurtph1969

May 28, 2013
Hi, I am new to the forum, but I desperately need the firmware. Version 2 is now gone!! (link doesn't work).
I actually just need the contacts.apk file out of the \system\app folder so if someone could kindly upload that to the web I would be eternally grateful!! Out of interest, is there a mirror server for the MOMO20 firmware. I would be useful to have the version 2 just in case I brick my device! Thanks so much... Kurt

Treaddie

Aug 13, 2013
Hi. I am a newbie too, so I hope I am doing this right. I recently obtained a Ployer Momo20 and got in touch with Ployer to inquire about a firmware upgrade to 4.2 and after sending me a few messages telling me to wait, they sent me this link today...PLOYER-????, hope it helps. Downloading as we speak.

Treaddie.