Reset MID X5A

ped

Feb 11, 2011
Hi, ive got one of these devices on 2.1, when i try to reset it (ive sold it) , under reset to factory conditions, it says "connect to usb host" but when i click reset, the device just reboots.

i followed these posted by luca

The wipe all from adb shell worked for me!
Rdm you need to setup android SDK on your computer (go on the Android developer site to set it up)
and when it's working you need to run adb shell with root permissions.
From the ADB shell
type:
wipe all
it will clean ALL your data.
When you restart it takes a bit longer and the android wizard starts.
Cheers, -Luca

but i cant get it to work, ive installed the sdk ect, ran the shell but i need clarification on these steps ..

Whats "root permissions"
do i need to mount or connect the device so its recognised by adb shell? (adb shell cant "see" my device.

Any help please?

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Hi ped, I rooted my tablet using z4root 1.3 if I'm not wrong.
Just download the apk and install it. When you run it it appears a menu asking if you want to root your tablet
permanently or one time.

After the tablet is rooted you can perform the "adb wipe all" command from command line.
Root permission is because of linux... I have no idea how to make it in windows...

ped

Feb 11, 2011
Hi, thanks for your help.

Ive rooted with z4root but i dont think adb can "see my device" (see picture) , once ive connected my device, do i need to select anything on the device? its set to usb debug, do i need to do anything else?

8yuqll.jpg

Many thanks

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Hi, in Linux you need to run adb with "super user permission" in order to see your device.. this is accomplished using the sudo command (not available in Windows)
As far as I remember, if you click with the right key on the "Command prompt" icon there should an oprion similar to "Run as administrator".
If you click on that you'll open the shell as admin and now going to C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
when you issue the "adb devices" command you should be ablet to se your device listed.
If it still doesn't work try the command "adb root" (maybe the server withouth the required permission is running) that
will ensure adb as root permissions.
Cheers, -Luca

ped

Feb 11, 2011
adb driver installed and device recognized?
USB plugged in?

yeah its connected via USB, but adb shell doesnt recognise it when i do command "adb devices"

When i try to update/ install packages i get this
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 11, revision 1
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\google_apis-11_r01.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 10, revision 1
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\google_apis-10_r01.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 9, revision 2
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\google_apis-9_r02.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 8, revision 2
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\google_apis-8_r02.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading GALAXY Tab by Samsung Electronics., Android API 8, revision 1
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\addon_samsung_GT_2.2_api-8_r01.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 7, revision 1
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\google_apis-7_r01.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 4, revision 2
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\google_apis-4_r02.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 3, revision 3
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\google_apis-3-r03.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading Google USB Driver package, revision 4
File not found: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\temp\usb_driver_r04-windows.zip (Access is denied)

So it looks like i may need the correct driver, Mine is a MID X5A 7" pad , I think its the same as the Haipad M701, but i dont know whereto get the drivers??

Thanks

ped

Feb 11, 2011
Thanks, the administrator thing worked (i should have known that!)

It updated all the packages & drivers but in device manager "android eclair" is flagged (incorrect drivers?)

adb still wont list my device in the shell :(

I tried a manual update of the drivers with your package, wouldnt accept them as drivers :(

Thanks anyway!

Edit, looks like it is definately a driver problem :(

1zp05kj.jpg

EDIT... UPDATE!!

Found the drivers, installing now...watch this space...

FURTHER EDIT..

drivers worked!! I've uploaded them here >>> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

That should help other members which are having problems finding this driver (took me over an hour to trawl the net!!)

Ok, so now i can see my device in "adb devices" , ive tried the command "adb wipe all" but i think i'm missing a parameter or (/) switch?

Thanks

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
hmm, maybe you are using jet another operating system then me (Windows 7 x64 ultimate)
so the driver was incompatible...
i found something HERE about hacking the driver maybe that works for you, i did not need to do that.

It might also be that you need to open the device manager and force the driver (change driver -> search on computer -> choose from list -> have disk -> choose the .inf.

ped

Feb 11, 2011
Hi, no the driver worked... look...

au9jr5.jpg

Its what to do next? the command "adb wipe all" did nothing except scroll a window of options and switches, what should i do now?

Regards.

EDIT , done it and its wiped, but now the touchscreen is malfunctioning and wont calibrate :(

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
whoot, whoot =)
good news at last!

try "adb shell wipe ***"

//EDIT: "adb shell wipe data"

Last edited:

ped

Feb 11, 2011
done it and its wiped, but now the touchscreen is malfunctioning and wont calibrate

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Freaking sh... o_O
i never used that command and now i know why -.-
after wipe all by m701 did not even boot (since it also deleted part of the /system files...)
Ped i recomend installing a fresh firmware.
I was able to recover via clockworkmod but i doubt you have that installed?

Scary stuff!
i will forget about the 'all' and will only use 'data' in the future!

ped

Feb 11, 2011
okkk :/

Any pointers on installing new firmware?? i have the firmware package (i think!)

Jul 30, 2011
X5a / X6d Factory Reset
The later versions of the X5a / X6d have a mechanical method of entering factory reset if you are unable to switch the device on and go through the android menu system.

Firstly, start with the device turned off.

Press and hold the Power button & Home key until you see the android logo with an inset exclamation mark.

Let go of the buttons and press the Menu button at which point you will have some options on screen.

Select factory reset and, once done, your tablet will turn off

Switch on again and allow to boot

Hope that helps

It worked for me

Stuart.freak666