Resetting S7 Tablet back to stock

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Hey guys i'm thinking of taking the tablet back and picking up the Archos 70 250GB android tablet. Does anyone know how to reset this back to stock. I do have the new kernel that allows over clocking... Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
That's interesting. You can do a update kernel flash but don't know how to do a factory reset!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks, installing flash kernel now as per sticky. I figure since i just got this as a xmas gift for 50$ why not get the Archos 70, seems better IMO. Don't get me wrong i think the S7 is great i love it, but i have the opportunity so im going for it. Besides there is no guarantee that the S7 is getting froyo and this one has it already.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I played with the Archos the other day in Staples and, well, hmmmm! It's a different beast and not one I could use as I need GSM facilities. I'm begining to see why some underate the S7. It's because they don't need/use all the features that Huawei built in and most other manufacturers omitted.
I also played with this
http://www.staples.co.uk/commtiva-7-android-tablet
and oh dear me!
I pattern the S7 in my "manbag" and said "good boy"!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
That should be patted

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
I only need a tablet with wifi and the only thing i dislike about the S7 besides that it does not have 2.2 which i can live with and im sure someone will create a rom or the official ota 2.2 will come out is the screen its one of those PDA like screens i prefer the glass multi touch screens making it easier to swype your finger and type. Other then that i think the S7 is awesome, don't get me wrong if i did not read about the Archos 70 i would of kept my S7 and be happy with it, but why settle if i can return it and get the one i want right?

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Yes it's horses for courses as always.

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Hey movado
So you got me thinking about the archos. I went and researched it and the only archos 7 internet tablet i could find had some pretty slow specs. 600 ghz proc, 128 ram, the OS says linux. I couldn't find android mentioned anywhere on the spec page. Can you install apps or access market with it? Maybe i'm missing something. If there is a different archos your looking at will you let me know. I'm keeping my S7 but i'll probably get another tablet pc down the road, maybe something with windows.

Ives

Edit - nevermind, found it,, drrrr