Restore FW for MID 706 (LY-706B)

sharktail

Aug 6, 2010
Anyone knows where to download the original firmware 1.7.4 for this tablet? I screw up my tablet when uprading to FW 1.8.

sharktail

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks for the link. Is Flytouch compatable with MID706 9LY-706B)? I'm just affriad the FW is not compatable. When I upgraded my tablet from 1.7.4 to 1.8 the upgrade is successful. I'm able to boot to the main screen but the main screen were lock. All the button doesn't seems to be functioning except for the power button. I'll give it a try later....

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well if your device is shot you might as well give it a chance. Otherwise you have to hop over to Slatedroid and check their downloads section.

sharktail

Aug 6, 2010
I only have 1.8.2 on me for the Flytouch. Give it a shot. If it doesn't work contact the person you got it from.
Index of /xaueious/VIAWM8505/Gome%20Flytouch/1.8.2_2010.07.15/

I successfully restore my tablet (LY-706) using this FW (1.8.2_2010.07.15). There are few initial issues I've observed when using the FW.

1. All the function & volume button doesn't work except for power button. The power button suddenly act as function and power down button. Is there a way I can configure the button setting?

2. I noticed this FW does not have market place apps. Is there a market place apps that I can install on to this tablet?

3. When powering up the tablet, I need to press the power button couples of times before the OS can load. I believe this FW is still in developement stage right?

4. I noticed the 3G configuration have few more types of HuaWei 3G usb. Is the FW support HUAWEI Mobile Broadband E1550 3G usb donggle?

Anyway big thanks for your help

sharktail

Aug 6, 2010
Bro xaueious,

I've another identical unit of MID706 (LY-706B) with factory FW loaded. Do you know how to backup the FW and restore into another unit?

Anyone in the forum have any idea how to perform backup & restore on MID706?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'll quickly explain what you can do. It requires some technical know how about adb...

If you use busybox and you are rooted via adb, you can dump (copying) /data and /system into a tar. Then if you upload that, other people can extract the dumps onto their devices and hope for the best.

Basically looks like this (dumping):

Dumping system content

5) adb remount
5) adb push busybox /data/local
6) adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox
7) adb shell /data/local/busybox tar czvf /sdcard/systemdump.tgz /system
If busybox is not already installed, you can get it here -> Index of /downloads/binaries/1.16.1

Get ARMv5

Instructions:
News

tshanks

Aug 12, 2010
I also would like to know how to root and back up this device (that lacks USB-device functionality as far as I can tell).

I'd strongly prefer to have a firmware for the device that contains only open source software that is well-known to be free of trojans and spyware. If the community can create a common firmware for all of these devices that detects the needed hardware button, touch screen, USB host controller, etc configurations and allows them to operate properly, then we can all stop fearing these Chinese tablets.

If it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon, then I'd like to sell this sketchy thing.

whgarner

Sep 14, 2010
just received my mid 706 or ly 706 yesterday, which shall now be referred to as 706.
it came with build 1.9, android version 1.6, very basic, no root. i have since flashed "flytouch 1.9.1 fast and furious" rom without problems all buttons work, pad is now rooted and can use google apps market, etc. still with screen lag, do not know if ethernet, usb adapter works with this upgrade, did not try it. auto screen rotate not functional, but can manually select from toolbar.

ps. i am not responsible for bricked tablets, just saying mine worked.

things i have found out
1. no gps or blutooth
2. battery life ok , not great
3. speakers suck, but work
4. nice little tablet good for most games, cheaper and bigger than itouch, but slower and not as refined
5. fun to play with, my grandson will love
6. screen small but much more readable than smartphone
7. if you do not have one, do not get one unless you like to tinker with android and chance bricking your device, wait for larger screen and android 2.1 or 2.2, also wait for firmware for root to increase your options.
8. use ipod usb cable to access sd card and built in memory, still can not get adb to see tablet, do not know if this is possible?

1.7.4 firmware
Download LY706.1.7.4.V1.7z

1.9 firmware, i think, did not try
http://d07.easy-share.com/file_conte...c2y/cont_id/37

1.9.1 firmware rooted
flytouch_1.9.1_fast_and_furious.zip

bill g.

stef

Oct 15, 2010
hello i would like to download a firmware for my epad :

Model Number:MID701

Memory Capacity:256MB

Processor Brand:VI

Processor Main Frequency:600Mhz

Brand Name:MID701

Processor Type:VIA WM 8505

CPU:CPU600MHz

i-->i accidentally downloaded a program for my epad that cause it to crash..so i re flashed my unit using the sd card with a firmware there for problems like this given to me by the person i bought my unit from...my epad version now is 1.7.4 its working fine but i noticed that there is no application market installed in my unit now...can you pls.help me on where can i download application market?and also wenever im using the application store in my epad the language and the applications thats popping out from the search are usually in chinese versions...but before i reflashed my unit its in english...how do i change this?ive tried changing the language settings but still doesnt change anything/..hope you cud help me with my concern..thanx