Revert OTA 3.2 back to 3.0.1 - xda-developers Tutorial

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
[TUT] Revert OTA 3.2 back to 3.0.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm planning to get back to original firmware (factory setting) of my A500 Tablet.
So I found this tutorial from xdadevelopers/"]http://forum.xda-developers.com"]xdadevelopers site and hoping it will work.
Here it goes....:cool:
If you’re reading this may be you’re stuck with a 3.2 OTA update without ROOT privileges on your A500.

This tutorial explains how to revert your OTA 3.2 to A501 3.0.1. Original post from ignat7776 for those of you who speak Russian here: Thanks to fguy, allexx71 and begemot666 as well. I just translated everything to English and it is not my work. I haven't tested it myself but there's only positive feedback on the Russian forum I got it from.

1. Download the revert app here or here.

2. Get your UID (without it nothing is going to work). How to do that – read sc2k’s itsmagic thread Enable USB debugging on the tablet.

3. Connect your tablet with the PC.

4. Launch the revert app on the PC as administrator. When unpacking of the archive is done you’ll see the following window.

2j4bl9j.jpg

DON’T CLOSE IT IN ANY CASE
!

5. On your PC browse to c\users\USER NAME\appdata\local\Temp, search for folder named 7zS1193.tmp Of course you have to enable hidden files to be visible from folder options. The name of this folder might be a little different on your machine. Inside this folder search for the file CPUID and open it with a text editor - there’s only one line inside this file – you have to change this line with your UID number but you need to add “zeroxzero” in front of it, example: if your UID is 37c7040425ff0d7, at the end it needs to look like 0x037c7040425ff0d7. Additionally, if you’re restoring A500, open Version.cfg and in its very end change [PRODUCT] 1 = A501 to [PRODUCT] 1 = A500 -by default revert app works for A501.

6. When editing of these files is done you may close the window that appeared after unpacking the archive - click OK and another window will open where you can select your language.

2mcgcx0.jpg

ADB interface drivers are being installed – you have to allow installation if a Windows security window pops up. USB debugging has to be enabled on tablet.

7. After driver installation the app scans your tablet and it will show version number of your current firmware and version number of the firmware that is going to be applied after restoration. Follow all application instructions. Tablet will switch to APX mode with ACER logo on its screen and on your PC you’ll see the progress bar of the process. Before the beginning of the flashing process the app will ask you for identification number. Here you enter your UID which you have placed in the CPUID file. Example: 037c7040425ff0d7

The whole things takes 10 or more minutes so be patient. Then you’ll have HC 3.0.1
All data on your tablet will be lost. That is why MAKE A BACKUP FIRST !

GOOD LUCK!

Many Thanks from drkalo of xda-developers

Note: Admins may delete this post if not appropriate.

2eydxdj.gif

My A500 Rocks!

Last edited:

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Why would anyone do this?

Only for those who wants to have their "messed up" tablets updated to 3.2 without root.

Many people wants their tablet rooted. How about you, you want yours also rooted right?

and for those don't want, just ignore this post, just passing information for all to know.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
I managed to make my ROM installed after downgrading to 3.0.1 and now, I'm using Taboonay 2.0 after I flashed and wipe some couple of memories and others.. then installed it and after a few minutes, VIOLA! I'm now Taboonay ROM, v3.2 and Rooted!

Here are some screenshots of my tablet:

24ceahj.jpg

My current Live Wallpaper KOI
21dqsjl.jpg

My Settings - Taboonay 2.0
xc5ah3.jpg

My KOI Live Wallpaper, page 2 of 5 (right side)
14obxcm.jpg

My KOI Live Wallpaper, page 3 of 5 (left side)
:D

Note: Actual image sizes captured by Screenshot ER

Acer Iconia A500
​Current ROM: Taboonay v2.0, Rooted and Customized

ogozi

Sep 30, 2011
This is a priceless information, i have always been thinking about how i could 'factory reset' a tablet. But most importantly, one needs to have a full backup of data before trying this out. Thanks.

alphafox

Nov 10, 2011
Hello, im new here, but when i see this post, i can really think of this being a handy tool, to upload roms to the tab :)
instead of just only entering the cpu id, why not change the rom inside, it does a complete wype of the system.
Maybe we can also make this tool work to do a stock upgrade to 3.2 or other rom... for someone with a bricked tab for example...