Reviews for Coby Kyros please

lgxgirl

Mar 31, 2011
Hi, i've done many research to find the right tablet for me that won't be over $200. I've read some good reviews of Kyros compare to other Chinese brand tablet. I'll make it short and get straight to my question. I am planning to get the Kyros 7024. I am not sure how the previous model do with PDF magazines and text reading? Does the Kyros even support pdf or html ? If yes, how does the kyros do with pdf magazine file? I purchase the previous chinese ereader, and the pdf loading was horrible. It lags and freezes all the time, so i returned the device. What video format does the kyros supports?

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
didn't it just come out? how many people could possibly have it yet? factor in shipping, you'll be waiting at least 3 days for a reply. lol

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
I'm pretty sure the 7024 will be rooted and cracked soon after its release. As for the 7015, once rooted you can get the nook, kindle and google book apps for free.

Great tablet for the price!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
That depends how many buy it though. MID7015 really replaced the MID7005 that wasn't much supported. They have more than one model coming out now. So just have to see how many get the 7", 8" and 10"? Coby still sticking with the same type of icon management rearrangement. again no GE, hope there is a file manager with it? Most will wait for Android OS 2.3 Coby Tablet's. With Coby they won't give you upgraded ROM version as they said whatever comes with the tablet that's it. Craig is different they're give users of OS 2.1, OS 2.2 with flash and there line is the CMP740, 741, 742, 743, 744 and 745 is the 10". So Coby vs Craig who's going to be the winner in tablets?

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I'm not too happy with pdf reading. Epub is great though as is text.
Adobe can read pdf great but interface is not like the book readers. You can use landscape to read book size pdf and double tap to zoom in. There are some options for view mode.
Aldiko can display pdf as full page but doesn't let you adjust the font and resize for the screen. A pdf like my camera's manual works great as the original was about 4 inches square. A pdf with book sized pages looks like jpg images with no zoom in/out option or text size option.
Support html? It's a Mobile Internet Device. html is just web pages Browser can display, or get Opera. Firefox4 mobile does not work on the MID7015, others models?
I did not see how to open a pdf in Kindle.
I haven't tried a pdf magazine, I'll guess it about like books.
Some have used calibre to translate pdf to epub for then they can use the ebook reader but I found it poor with text with images.
I'm happy with my MID 7015-4G.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
QuickBooks or Docs to go works great on PDF but those large apps to run just to read PDF. There are others you can use now to read PDF. Use of Dolphin HD for a browser or the default browser is quick. Good WiFi connection from a good APNs (access points networks) will make that thing zip as long as you have pest control on the tablet up to date. I'll have patch for that coming soon. For read e-books you go a bunch of those apps just to pick which one you want to use. The newer 8" Coby would be more ideal to read in full LAN or Port mode views.

realsis

Sep 19, 2011
I received my coby kyros 7024 a week ago. I'm very happy with the tablet. I'm not very tech savyy but I was able to install android market, gmail, google maps, google talk, kindle and adobe flash 10.1. Thank God I was able to do these things because it makes for a much better expirence on the tablet. For the price I must say this tablet is a steal! I enjoy hooking up my keyboard and tablet holder to it and making a tiny laptop. I'm very glad I choose this tablet. I wanted to keep the price under 200.00 and I did not want to buy the cheaper tablets from china. This tablet does have tech support which is nice if its needed. So far I've had a great expirence with this tablet and have no regrets in buying it. I do have to say its almost a must to install android market into the tablet because the preinstalled market it comes with is very poor compared to android market and if. You don't install it you will eventually miss all the google services and the many avaiable applications. I must say don't worry about installing this market to your tablet, it works perfectly and links to your account so you are able to purchase the paid apps also. I do want to say my tablet is not yet rooted and these services still work perfectly. I will be rooting soon after I learn more about the process. So I must say, the coby kyros is a great little tablet for the price and worth purchasing! I'm glad I choose this tablet.

Greenlands

Oct 28, 2011
I received my coby kyros 7024 a week ago. I'm very happy with the tablet. I'm not very tech savyy but I was able to install android market, gmail, google maps, google talk, kindle and adobe flash 10.1. Thank God I was able to do these things because it makes for a much better expirence on the tablet. For the price I must say this tablet is a steal! I enjoy hooking up my keyboard and tablet holder to it and making a tiny laptop. I'm very glad I choose this tablet. I wanted to keep the price under 200.00 and I did not want to buy the cheaper tablets from china. This tablet does have tech support which is nice if its needed. So far I've had a great expirence with this tablet and have no regrets in buying it. I do have to say its almost a must to install android market into the tablet because the preinstalled market it comes with is very poor compared to android market and if. You don't install it you will eventually miss all the google services and the many avaiable applications. I must say don't worry about installing this market to your tablet, it works perfectly and links to your account so you are able to purchase the paid apps also. I do want to say my tablet is not yet rooted and these services still work perfectly. I will be rooting soon after I learn more about the process. So I must say, the coby kyros is a great little tablet for the price and worth purchasing! I'm glad I choose this tablet.

mimile.png
Thanks you so much Realsis for your review, Because I have a plan to buy this tablet..... Like added for you....

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Buy the 7022 instead. It has a capacitive screen (no stylus), Android 2.3, and is much better value and product. I love mine.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
Ok how the hell does everyone managed to get the Android Market installed and work? I had asked this repeated question over and over and one gives me the right response. I spend a day in half to installed such application ounce I managed to get installed it wont open or work. It keeps asking "you need an account device" in which I already have a google account.

Some one please respond as to Im not happy with this tablet.

Thank you

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Once you install Android, it must be linked to your existing Google Account. There should be a screen that asks for your email address (google) and your password. Once you establish that connection, you shpuld be set up yo access. BTW what model of Kyros do you have. It helps to know the model when asking for help.

JohnK11

Nov 27, 2011
To install Android market, you must first unzip the file (took me a while to find out) --to do that,
put on finger on the folder and keep it there WITHOUT opening the folder, then press the unzip button.
You will then be able to install the 4 files without the " no apps..." prompt.

I also have problems with Angry Bird with the 7012 (I think the CPU is just not powerful enough)
in that 1/3 of the time, it would not load (just go to the menu screen) and another 1/3 of the time
it bombs after playing a few level.

I have 2 7012 which I have given away, and would like to buy a couple more for Xmas presents--
could one of you having used a 7120 tell me more about it (AFAIK, it's like 7012 except being
$20 more and have a front facing camera). does the Android 2.3.3 work well ?? any problems ??
is the CPU the same 800MHz one in 7012 ??

In particular, Does Skype video talk work well ?? without stuttering ??
with the 7012, I can use Skype talk but could not add a new contact--I was hoping that I could
see the video of my contact if s/he has a camera with here laptop/tablet--but I guess not.

I particularly enjoy playing .mp4 videos (about 7-1 compression) I done previously with NERO--
it runs very well without stuttering.​