tablet novice needs help with new Kyros Coby MID7035-4

mathemos

Jul 7, 2012
I received a Kyros Coby MID7035-4 as a gift. It runs Ice Cream Sandwich. I want to use it to capture podcasts and download ebooks, mostly in Kindle format.

The Kyros Coby support desk told me that I could find an MP3 download app in GetJar named FreeMP3. I couldn't find a convenient way to search all the apps GetJar had, just the "Top" and the "New." In any event I couldn't find FreeMP3.

When I tried to install the app for downloading Kindle ebooks to an Android tablet, a screen from Amazon or play.google.com came up to say they don't have an app that's compatible with my tablet.

I've read all the sticky posts in this forum, and done searches here at AndroidTablets.net for answers that might be germane.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I would say do a google search for the apps you want the extension will be apk so for the kindle app search kindle.apk and then just side load them. Here is a thread showing how to do it.

mathemos

Jul 7, 2012
I didn't see the thread showing how to do it and couldn't follow your hint. Sideloading seemed to imply downloading to my PC, then transferring to my tablet with say USB. A search for kindle.apk led me to the Amazon page for tablet software but the Install button led to an error because I hadn't "accessed the Google Play Store app on [sic my] device [sic] (tablet?) with this particular email address."

Could you please post or repost your thread?