reviving x5a

playnotwork

Feb 15, 2011
Hoping someone out there can help.
Been given a supposedly dead x5a. managed breath some life into it by externly charging the battery. But now the screen is perminantly white. can turn on and off with the power button as cannot see screen options, but the tablet does respond to screen and button pressing. When connected to xp laptop the 3 drives are seen, the device is seen as a android eclair device but does not load as i cannot find an adp driver. do i just need to update fvm etc and how do you do this any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you might be able to flash clockworkmod recovery to it from the computer and then if that works and you can see clockwork mod on the tablet then you could just upload a backup. thats what i would try

playnotwork

Feb 15, 2011
if I reflash is that likely to bring the screen back to life? or is there something more drastic going on there

playnotwork

Feb 15, 2011
After a long night on this project, no joy. Cannot use the drives on pc as cannot mount on the tablet as cannot see screen. Still cannot find any abd drivers that work. And is it all in vain as is the screen knackered. Need help to save this tablet and my marriage.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
White screen can be caused by a loose ribbon cable as well...