Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

McAngryPants

Jun 6, 2010
Agh! Got past the Chinese characters thing with my brand new Apad, but after first restart I'm stuck at the boot animation screen.

Downloading new firmware from HiApad.com with hopes that it'll let me factory reset (or something like that). How does one factory reset these things? Been trying to figure that out for hours now. Makin' me feel stupid.

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
On other Android devices there's a Wipe option from the Recovery console. Don't remember if it's there in the aPad version of Android.

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
...and on aPad, also from the Settings app - a little hard to get at, when your device wont even boot...
General (bootup) error tracking:
  • Get the Android SDK and set it up
  • Plug the aPad in with USB cable
  • Run this command from terminal: adb logcat
You'll see lots of info scrolling by. If you don't understand a thing of what's going on, someone else might, if you post the output of logcat.

FIJIBanks

May 25, 2010
So I came into the office today after a weekend of forgetting my charger! So I plugged my aPad in and guess what....nothing. Something happened once the battery ran all the way down. Now it won't run without the charger plugged in. I downloaded a battery app and it says the battery health is good, but, after almost 4 hours charging, the battery hasn't moved beyond 15%. I am trying to get merimobiles to replace my device now. I will let everyone know what happens!

Josh

McAngryPants

Jun 6, 2010
Agh! Got past the Chinese characters thing with my brand new Apad, but after first restart I'm stuck at the boot animation screen.

Downloading new firmware from HiApad.com with hopes that it'll let me factory reset (or something like that). How does one factory reset these things? Been trying to figure that out for hours now. Makin' me feel stupid.
Installed the Android SDK as advised (Thank you ZilverZurfarn). ADP COPYCAT scrolls the following text endlessly. So I've contacted the seller and asked for a replacement. I can't even excecute one of the FLASH commands. ugh.

D/AndroidRuntime( 750): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 750): CheckJNI is ON
E/dalvikvm( 750): Can't open dex cache '/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex':
I/dalvikvm( 750): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core.jar
D/dalvikvm( 750): Failed on '/system/framework/core.jar' (boot=1)
D/dalvikvm( 750): VM cleaning up
D/dalvikvm( 750): LinearAlloc 0x0 used 4100 of 4194304 (0%)
W/dalvikvm( 750): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 750): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed

gurukos

May 14, 2010
Hello people,
as i mentioned, a few posts before, i had a big problem with my apad. I broke a small area of it and i couldn't use it. I 've searched everywhere to find a spare part and nobody couldn't help me. The last person i contacted and he was very helpfull even if i wasn't customer of his e-shop (i didn't buy my apad from him, i was one more victim of lifengsihai(ebay)) was the guy who runs JTShop. He tried to find the part, he was very informative about the progress of the order and finally he sent it to me! Guys believe me before i find the part through JTShop i was desperate. I asked many sellers and manufacturers on the internet and i couldn't find help... I mention the shop because i beleive they deserve a small promotion from me/us and if somebody else would ever need such kind of help he will now where to ask.
I hope i didn't brake any rules, mentioning a seller... After all he really helped me and i promote his kindness and helping attitude.
Sorry for my bad and complicated english...
Greetings gurukos

frankt341

Jun 14, 2010
well these are interesting and i know nothing about android os but both these tablets seem to be cousins rather than twins i prefer the size of m003 but both are easy to read when you first look at them they seem small but they read easy even with my stigmatism lol the 70003 seems to be a better os version even though they are supposedly the same the m003 sound is terrible but battery is phenominal 4 + hours speed on both are excellant including video. but i could use some help.where did they get the os to load on these is there an updateable version well any info about the os would be helpful and any questions on these you have i will try to answer.over all for a portable internet device they are nice and well worth the money "IN MY OPINION" but not a replacement for a laptop thanks

revlen1

Jun 15, 2010
I recently bought the iweb Android 1.5 from China And i want to elminnate some preinstalled programs. Butvi can't Android I would like. To change the os Android remove all the preinstalled Chinese apps. Can I upgrade this so that. Youtube will. Work
help!

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
My apad has refused to power up or even charge for the past several days. Today, It went back to the mfg in China today via First class main. It cost me $22.00 (usd) to ship it back.

Start the clock to see how long it will take me to get a refund, that is IF I get a refund.I will keep everyone posted.

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
Resellers that claim to have 98 in stock, but also says it's in pre-order stage come thru as untrustworthy.
I'm sure we'll see gazillions of tablets 2nd half of this year with different versions of Android (an other OSes), chipsets, and pricing, but at this point in time, basically only 3 options are available: The Eken tablets (VIA, mostly different packaging of the same basic tablet), Archos Home Tablet (Rockchip) and iRobot/aPad/Moonse (Rockchip)
Of these, the aPad stands out as most value for money, and have a relatvely active community (homebrew firmware & cetera)