[ROM] 1116 Firmware out for HaiPad M701

whc

Oct 1, 2010
Yes just today HaiPAd have updated their website, now with new update for M701(R) @ 11.16. Will test this later (need to have a 32 bit machine, only got 64 bit).

See here: ????--www.haipad.net
Download: http://u.115.com/file/f4bc7e06d

Direct Download:
http://www.wcw.dk/filer/haipad_M701_11.16.rar

Details:
This firmware Huawei E1750 3G WCDMA network card to resolve compatibility issues.

M701 latest firmware to support WCDMA and EVDO:
EVDO list:
HUAWEI EC122 ZTE AC2766 ZTE AC580 SINCOM SE 189-U

Gemtek W3GUBV-100

WCDMA list:
HUAWEI E180 HUAWEI E1750

Upgrade instructions a little bit different, on the WIFI MAC ADDRESS set piece, in the record before upgrading your WIFI MAC ADDRESS, in the setting, WIFI advanced options can be found; fill in OUI / NIC values were filled on the line.

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I have some strange experiences with this update..
1st when i tried to flash it it tells me the included NAND data.fai is too big (about double the size of previous updates)
2nd after trying to flash this FWDN no longer stops the boot when FWDN is running (just a clean boot)
- using clockworkmod to whipe 'boot' fixed this behaviour

can i use a older nand data.fai? it is quite small when packed...

//EDIT:
the NAND data.fai of the #133 firmware worked for me.
This firmware has new soft button icons in the status bar
It seems to be more sluggish compared to #133
This firmware has the number #181

//EDIT2:
yes, it is android 2.1
and yes, angry birds is still missing textures in the menus.
on the bright side there seems to be no more crashes of the eoemarket process when downloading from the market.
also 3d gallery is back.

This firmware has NO DUAL-TOUCH!

Last edited:

whc

Oct 1, 2010
Updating now, exited to test it out. Bupper if it is not 2.2 :(.

whc

Oct 1, 2010
Yes it is 2.1, bummer...

EDIT: No problems updating here, so far no issues at all, running pretty smooth. Have to play with it a bit more though.

Strange that HaiPAd is not realeasing the 2.2 update, they keep on claiming it is on its way, hope it is soon...

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
do you need this firmware upgrade to support 2.2 later on?

As one who's never done a firmware upgrade before, i'm nervous about bricking my tablet - is there is a step by step process specific to Haipad 701?

Yes it is 2.1, bummer...

EDIT: No problems updating here, so far no issues at all, running pretty smooth. Have to play with it a bit more though.

Strange that HaiPAd is not realeasing the 2.2 update, they keep on claiming it is on its way, hope it is soon...

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
No, if there is a official android 2.2 firmware you will very probably be able to install it from every other firmware you just happen to be on.
It seems to be quite hard to realy brick these Pads.

There is a step by step guide inside the download archive, it evenhas pictures.

//EDIT: standby time seems to be much longer with this firmware compared to the onei had before

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
No, if there is a official android 2.2 firmware you will very probably be able to install it from every other firmware you just happen to be on.
It seems to be quite hard to realy brick these Pads.

There is a step by step guide inside the download archive, it evenhas pictures.

//EDIT: standby time seems to be much longer with this firmware compared to the onei had before

+1 -- updating the firmware doesn't require a prerequisite firmware...when you update, you will lose all settings you had before (unless they've put something in here to NAND your data and restore it after the update)...it wipes the device completely and reloads the new firmware, similar to if you formatted your harddrive and reinstalled Windows. It doesn't have the same requirements for updating as Windows (IE you must be running Vista to upgrade to Windows 7 -- XP clients must format and reinstall)...

EDIT -- Loonix, by standby time, do you mean that the battery lasts longer while on standby?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
EDIT -- Loonix, by standby time, do you mean that the battery lasts longer while on standby?

Yes, i ment the time the tablet can just sit there and do nothing without actualy switching it off ^^
it is still not very good but i think the battery drops a little slower.
But i never timed how long it lasts...

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I e-mailed Haipad and asked them if this 11.16 firmware release is just for the M701 or for both the M701 and M701-R. I got an answer today:

yes,the new firmware can be used to both M701 and M701-R.

Of course that was technically true of the previous firmware releases on their downloads page too, if you were willing to sacrifice your remote control. I had also specifically asked if this firmware works with the remote and features dual-touch or not, but their reply did not address either of these questions. Can anyone confirm whether or not this rom works with the remote? Does it really remove dual-touch capability?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
For me it did remove Multi touch, but others report different.
So, maybe my pad is different.