[ROM] 1116 Firmware out for HaiPad M701

Talentos

Sep 16, 2010
I would like to try it, but have no idea of the process to install it. Does anybody could share the directions to do that update? I really want to do it and check if it has new drivers for ZTE and Huawei 3G modems. thanks

Sumerian81

Dec 29, 2010
Just did this firmware upgrade and now my haipad will not turn on. I hit reset like it said to and now I am at a blank screen and my power button is lit blue like it is on, but I cant get it to turn off completely.

bobwho

Dec 18, 2010
Did you identify what type of tablet you have first?
Mine worked but I have a red power light.

Even these cheap tablets get cloned!

Once you know what version you have you can search better

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Release Board (US) using Android Tablet Forum App

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
Has anyone had success upgrading to Android 2.2 on M701/M701-R/G10 series tablets? Would like flash video capability!

darkego

Dec 29, 2010
X
My power light only turns red when it is charging. I know it has a TCC8902 chip in it too.

I have this talet as well. Anyone know if the update works?
Some other issues I'm having is playing movies from my SD card. And some games and apps are crashing when I open them. Skype is an example. It wants me to log in and then crashes.... any thing I can do? I want skype to work so I can talk to my girlfriend while I'm gone on a trip.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
The 11.16 Firmware works but, if you read this thread, it might remove dual-touch ability. Also, if you apply it to M701-R you will lose remote control capability. 1022 firmware might be a better option.

The Android 2.2 firmware is a development "test" (beta/debugging) release. It is incomplete and NOT recommended for daily use.

Last edited:

Sumerian81

Dec 29, 2010
X

I have this talet as well. Anyone know if the update works?
Some other issues I'm having is playing movies from my SD card. And some games and apps are crashing when I open them. Skype is an example. It wants me to log in and then crashes.... any thing I can do? I want skype to work so I can talk to my girlfriend while I'm gone on a trip.

I wouldn't try the firmware update on it, when I tried it....it bricked it. I can't get it to do anything at all. The most I get is when I take out the microSD card that was on the motherboard, then add the firmware files to FWDN, and plug it in....then FWDN loads the boot file but I cannot access the tablet to change the firmware. Which by the way I am not sure is the correct firmware because I can not find out what freakin device I have......it is very frustrating and I am at the end of my rope with it.

Dec 30, 2010
Don't attempt to update to the 2.2 version if this is what you attempted but if you are now at the stage you are at sumerian then use this link to get the most recent 2.1 software from haipad. If you have the tcc8902 then you should be able to use this link for the firmware. haipad_M701.rar| Once on your pc unzip open up the fwdn program and turn your pad off with the on off switch then add the lk.rom and the tcc8900.img then turning on your pad again with all 3 buttons pressed and flicking the on off switch also you now need to resist from letting go until you see the device init successful box for the second time. Then click on the nand partition and create a partition then finally click start with low format whole memory before download selected. This should finally once finished and turns green put a new firmware on your machine. After turn off the pad with on and off button turn back on and press the power button to switch back on again. It may take a while to load the first time but after should be quicker. If there is a problem then you may not have the correct model of tab. There is a later version of the haipad m701 firmware but is for an HY version with 4gb and not 2gb.

bobwho

Dec 18, 2010
The 11.16 Firmware works but, if you read this thread, it might remove dual-touch ability. Also, if you apply it to M701-R you will lose remote control capability. 1022 firmware might be a better option.

Bull, bull, bull...
I have genuine Haipad 701R and remote works fine
1116 is stated same as 1022 with smaller font (which is way better than LCD Density BTW)
it does not come with all apps that I had out of the box (no games or merdian at least), titanium backup fixed my missing apps tho
Dual touch works fine

Check what you have is a genuine haipad before you try, this is a good place to identify and troubleshoot
HSG X5A / X6 / Pandawill G11

Just because its telechips doesnt mean the update will work

Dec 30, 2010
Has anyone got an answer for wmwinn above yet? He or she wanted to know about if anyone was successful with any version of 2.2 that is currently listed on Haipad's site and are they fully functioning and with flash capabilities (as was mentioned on the android website)

If so which one's have you found to work?
How did you get them to work?

Now, that would be useful and also something I would like to find out too since I am fed up of trying different versions and trying to repair a half working copy which I haven't been able to do.

bobwho

Dec 18, 2010
No 2.2 yet for people wanting to use it practically.
Only really 2 promising sources of 2.2 in the makings
The haipad not finished yet (but re'll release somering to show rere working ron it and be prease re r,atient) I guessin it'll be ready before chinese newyear?
The team telechips version at slatedroid.com, which is looking good but just not ready yet as well, mainly video playback and other functionality, I'd say this will be good when finished.

Other words, for 2.2, we all have to wait :'(