[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
Hmm... The only difference that would be relevant in this regard, *I think*, is power management. Can you please direct me to video file and player that have these glitches?
It was a Full HD H264 around 1GB in size. Glitches were identical on VLC, MX Player & built in player.
BTW, I tried screen cast with my Xperia SP running CM 13 Marshmallow, it connected to my PaPa projector also without any problem.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
It was a Full HD H264 around 1GB in size. Glitches were identical on VLC, MX Player & built in player.
BTW, I tried screen cast with my Xperia SP running CM 13 Marshmallow, it connected to my PaPa projector also without any problem.
Same glitches experience on NOUGAT even with small size mp4 clips.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I'm still failing to replicate the issue... I've downloaded the Sintel open movie in 1080P. It just plays, like it should. It says that its video codec is H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10, framerate 24. Audio codec is AC3 640Kbps. Can you replicate it with this file? If not, you really need to supply me with a different file.

Additionally, you can try to capture some logs to see if you can correlate certain log messages with the glitches that you witness. Finally, you can try to switch to different CPU governors during video play to see whether that helps... But if I can't replicate the issue I certainly cannot fix it...

The only thing I do see is a couple of frames missed right when one presses play, but after that everything seems smooth... Perhaps you don't have the necessary codec package installed? Although that only is for MX Player...

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
I'm still failing to replicate the issue... I've downloaded the Sintel open movie in 1080P. It just plays, like it should. It says that its video codec is H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10, framerate 24. Audio codec is AC3 640Kbps. Can you replicate it with this file? If not, you really need to supply me with a different file.

Additionally, you can try to capture some logs to see if you can correlate certain log messages with the glitches that you witness. Finally, you can try to switch to different CPU governors during video play to see whether that helps... But if I can't replicate the issue I certainly cannot fix it...

The only thing I do see is a couple of frames missed right when one presses play, but after that everything seems smooth... Perhaps you don't have the necessary codec package installed? Although that only is for MX Player...
Hello,
Please find the attached bug report, hope it will help.View attachment bugreport-N2G48H-2018-01-16-17-42-16.zip

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks! I'll have a look. By the way, can you confirm the issue with the Sintel video that I linked to?
Unfortunately, I don't think so, my line is slow, it will take ages to download 1080p movie:)

I have on my sd card many 1080p movies and 720p and youtube mp4 clips and all have same issue.

But overall, video playback in Android 7 better than Android 6.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cadurling

Dec 12, 2015
Wow great to see a fairly current Rom for this tablet. I had a bit of trouble installing using internal sd card, it always hung at "patching system image unconditionally". Resolved this by using the mini usb port and using a usb stick.

Jeremiah123

Dec 29, 2018
I wonder if someone could help please.

I successfully installed build ua_a2109-6.0.1-20171224-0347.zip and rooted using Magisk v18.0 (adb shell > su > whoami returns "root" to confirm).

However despite Magisk SuperUser recognizing other apps installed, subsequently granting them SU rights, Titanium Backup 8.2.2 does not get noticed by SuperUser, and the app fails, reporting "it could not acquire root privileges using "\system\xbin\su" command".
I have installed Busybox 1.29.2 into /system/xbin with no improvement.

Any ideas what can be done to get TB working please?

Cheers
Jeremiah123

Mecky58

Jan 1, 2019
Device in use: Medion Lifetab S9714 (German "Vendor" of the Lenovo A2109)

Hi,
I'm eagerly following the progress of this ROM for quite some time now (since CM12 up to 13). The latest lineage-13.0-20170528 version now runs like a charme on my Medion Lifetab S9714. Performance better than ever and as stable as stock ROM.
My compliments to PJBrs and all the contributors to this board on your fine work bringing this 5 year old but still potent device back to life :).
You have my thanks.
Device in use: Medion Lifetab S9714 (German "Vendor" of the Lenovo A2109)

Hi,
I'm eagerly following the progress of this ROM for quite some time now (since CM12 up to 13). The latest lineage-13.0-20170528 version now runs like a charme on my Medion Lifetab S9714. Performance better than ever and as stable as stock ROM.
My compliments to PJBrs and all the contributors to this board on your fine work bringing this 5 year old but still potent device back to life :).
You have my thanks.

Hi,
You have my thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi borandos,

i just read youre post. I have the same Tab Medion Lifetab S9714 like you, but I can not flash the lineage-13.0-20170424-UNOFICIAL_-sprout4.zip.
The bootloader is unlocked, the Tablet is rooted. I am using CMW-based Recovery v6.0.1.9
I send you the report May be you can help me.

Thank you Mecky58

CMW-based Recovery v6.0.1.9 report
--Installing: /external_sd/lineage-13.0-20170424-UNOFICIAL_-sprout4.zip
Finding update package…
Opening update package…
Installing update…
E:Error in /external_sd/lineage-13.0-20170424-UNOFICIAL_-sprout4.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.
Signature Check: Enable

I found the Error CWR Recovery v6.0.1.9 was to old. I flash v6.0.5.1., everythings working fine.
in this newer version are more function.
Thanks Mecky58

Last edited:

Kzar

Dec 8, 2020
Great! Note, it'll install fine over unlegacy-6.0.1, but if you're on lineage you need to do a full factory reset.
Also, first boot takes ages. As always ;-)

How long, in minutes, is "ages"?

On average, how long does it take the first boot?

John Archer

Jan 4, 2021
hey all, new to this but i have been trying to update my was obsolete a2109

i got lineage OS 13 installed and got it booted. i simultaneously installed Gapps 6.0 pico and have apps but dont have the play store to be able to get any more apps. i tried three times and tried to do a factory reset before and still no dice...

John Archer

Jan 4, 2021
so i figured out that i installed the wrong gapps. i installed the ARM64 pico when i needed just the regular ARMpico once i flashed that it installed properly.

konogon

May 21, 2022
Hey! Does anyone have the file lineage-13.0-20170528-UNOFFICIAL-a2109.zip. I can't find it anywhere. Thank you in advance.