• Love it, works well!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

toweliechaos

Mar 8, 2013
Good to know on the time zone thing

Still getting the time zone thing but I have at last worked out what is causing it and may be a known issue for you anyway. If the tablet goes into deep sleep, then it wakes up appx. 20mins fast. If I then reboot, the time is picked up correctly.

I tried to restore TWRP data but that just caused it to revert to the lock screen of none shall pass, so I rebuilt with 1.6 double flashing along the way and then created a TWRP backup, ROM Toolbox backup and Titanium backup - just to be sure!

Thanks!

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Anti-Hero v1.7 by fuser-invent
--- Hybrid ROM Based on Official Stock 0308 Firmware and CM10 ---

Change Log

Anti-Hero v1.7

• Changed default wallpaper and bootanimation
  • Modules might work now
  • Fixed some things that were causing transfers of large files to fail between the device and the computer as well as the external and internal sd card.
  • Removed a lot of stuff that just wasn't working
  • Cleaned up init.d scripts
  • Performance and speed is better.

For this new version of Anti-Hero the compatibility zip and gsensor fix zips should no longer be necessary unless you have a tablet with an individualized gsensor problem. The ROM and the Comp zips can be found here

-----

Important Notice

My external hard drive went down and I lost a great deal of my firmware development stuff, among a lot of other backups. Luckily I had the most recent stuff on my laptops hard drive but I have very little space on here and I'm going to have to purchase a new drive soon. I also think the wifi chip on my 10" Ainol Hero tablet died, I've spent a good 20 hours trying to find a work around to fix it with no luck and I was doing a good deal of actual development on that and then transferring it over to other devices but I still have the Crystal to do some development on. Please consider a donation to help me replace my external hard drive, there is a donation link in my signature.

Providing this release works for all your guys and gals, this is going to be the last major update for a while. I think I've taken the stock ROM's pretty far into better performance and stability with my work and it's time to re-focus on learning to build from source and attempt to compile JB 4.2.2. I have already set up a dev environment to start learning how to build it. It looks like I'll need to upgrade the primary solid state drive in my laptop though and possibly the secondary storage drive as well since it takes a good deal of space to get things done and I'm running low. I will still be dropping by all my SlateDroid threads to check in on things. I wish you all well and hope you enjoy your tablets!

Support ant-uk and the Cranked Hero ROM

If you prefer the modded stock ROM experience and feel like Anti-Hero just isn't cutting it anymore in the future then check out ant-uk's Cranked Hero ROM. I consider him a friend of mine, not only is he an awesome guy but Cranked Hero is fast and kicks @ss. He's helped a bunch with the last two versions of Anti-Hero and I'm sure there is more on the horizon with Cranked Hero. I'm also sure that while I'm off getting down and dirty seeing what I can do with the source code he will be able to keep everything up to date and working smoothly on your Hero Tablet.

Alex.mir

Jun 7, 2013
Hello. Now i have stock recovery, firm 0308 mod iron. In brightness 40 i have 8hours work . All ok. But i cant start only one game asphalt7. Please say what about this game in anti hero firmware? And what about batt life? I am very need consultation from knows members. Thanks for help

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I've tested Asphalt 7, it an all other Gameloft games I have downloaded directly from the play store work. Battery life for me is about 7-8 hours of use, depending on what I'm doing and about 3 days standby time. I use some apps to extend battery life though. You can find some that suite your needs like Tasker or Juice Defender. Also I turn my wifi scan interval much higher in the build.prop.

toweliechaos

Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

I've just flashed to v1.7 and all is well with one major pain in the a.

Everything is working as it should, but I cannot turn my wifi on. No matter what I try, it always shows as 'Turning on Wi-Fi...' and does nothing. Normally when I've had this message a simple reboot solves, but nothing is at the moment.

Any suggestions?

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
You said, "Normally when I've had this message a simple reboot solves, but nothing is at the moment." It sounds like it has happened in the past and you are experiencing a hardware failure with the wifi/bluetooth chip which has unfortunately started happen to users of both the Fire and the Hero in the last month or so, both of which use the same chip. It starts out just happening every once in a while and then maybe your wifi constantly drops in and out for a bit or you notice other issues, then it won't turn on at all and is just greyed out all the time. Eventually even a hard reboot doesn't work. I managed to bring mine back to semi-functional life and you can see the thread about it here. You'll of course want to make sure it wasn't just a bad flash and that the wifi isn't functioning on other stock firmwares or any of CT's ROM's as well. Read through that thread carefully and good luck. Sorry that you are experiencing the same issues I and others have been unlucky enough to encounter. I am rather unhappy to have had a hardware failure on a tablet that I've only had for 6 months or less.

toweliechaos

Mar 8, 2013
To be fair, this message has only appeared a few times and always gave me the impression the system had just crashed in some way. I don't *think* I have an issue with the hardware.

To verify, I've tried re-flashing the v1.7 a few times and it always resorts to this, even with the comp zip added for good measure.

I've just re-flashed v1.6 and now the wifi is back on and happy as Larry. Do we think there is any chance the v1.7 I downloaded was duff?

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Well lucky you don't have a hardware problem! Did you download this v1.7 a long time ago and are just now installing it? When I first released it the dhd.ko file was wrong which would make the wifi not work but that has been fixed for a while now. If you downloaded it recently and it didn't work then it could have been a bad downloaded. If you downloaded it a while ago then download it again just in case. There were only a few downloads before I fixed the problem and now there are like a thousand+ so I'm pretty sure it's not still broken.

toweliechaos

Mar 8, 2013
Finally got around to downloading the zip file again, tested it for errors and installed. Everything working fine now, so I can only assume I must have downloaded the early version and/or a duff one.

Thanks!

JaNick

Jul 17, 2013
Hello Fuser. It's wonderful what you do.
I followed by the various forums, but still fails to install ROMS.
I commented that I have a tablet "Aino Novo 10 Hero" do not see the option "Wipe media partition". How can that be?

PS: excuse my English, I'm Latino

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Wipe Media Partition is in the stock recovery. You can boot into it by either removing your SD card or deleting the TWRP uImage_recovery from the card.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
As of today there have been 104,688 downloads of my Android custom firmware packages in over 10 different countries since December. Crazy!

Please consider a donation if you are one of the 104,688. Even if it is just $1, that is less than a cup of coffee for something you use everyday! Thanks for the support!