[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
I install CM 10.1. Great gob PJBrs!
But I have some bugs:
-battery drain (tablet not go in deep sleep mode);
-camera works nice, but in video mode 720 & 1080 image is oversized.
Can you please fix this bugs.
Thanks!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I install CM 10.1. Great gob PJBrs!
But I have some bugs:
-battery drain (tablet not go in deep sleep mode);
-camera works nice, but in video mode 720 & 1080 image is oversized.
Can you please fix this bugs.
Thanks!

Thanks very much for your feedback! I noticed the battery drain too. I installed wakelock detector but I don't know (yet?) how to use it to debug the battery drain. The only impression I get is that it haas something to do with gapps. What do you think? Does anyone else know how tot deal with this?

What do you mean with oversized video? Only at modes 720p andere 1080p? Is the aspect ratio correct?

Regarding fixing those bugs... I was actually planning on going to 4.3... But if an easy fix is possible, I'll make new builds.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks very much for your feedback! I noticed the battery drain too. I installed wakelock detector but I don't know (yet?) how to use it to debug the battery drain. The only impression I get is that it haas something to do with gapps. What do you think? Does anyone else know how tot deal with this?

What do you mean with oversized video? Only at modes 720p andere 1080p? Is the aspect ratio correct?

Regarding fixing those bugs... I was actually planning on going to 4.3... But if an easy fix is possible, I'll make new builds.

I'm pretty sure it's something with Google Play services. I disabled this in Settings -> Apps and now deep sleep is happening.

EDIT that wasn' t it

Last edited:

nascar59

Apr 20, 2014
hI GUYS love to try this Aosp .4.2.2 and Cm10.1 i got now installed stock A2109A_MCL0201.zip from mcl630 love it run very good so how do i install Cm10.1that;s the only thing i worrry does it's take over my A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d or what ,thank you Ray

profeet

Aug 17, 2014

In battery drain, I think something wrong with google service framework. I Use better battery stats and don't see anything.
Yes in video mod 720p &1080p aspect ratio is incorrect. Image is compressed!!!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
hI GUYS love to try this Aosp .4.2.2 and Cm10.1 i got now installed stock A2109A_MCL0201.zip from mcl630 love it run very good so how do i install Cm10.1that;s the only thing i worrry does it's take over my A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d or what ,thank you Ray

Hi, I'm not sure whether you need to upgrade cwm. I think though, that if you upgrade cwm, you'll still be able to return to @mcl630 's rom, provide you back it up first. Not entirely sure though...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
In battery drain, I think something wrong with google service framework. I Use better battery stats and don't see anything.
Still have two ideas for the camera. You can try yourself-find the latest asus camera hal for tf300, and perhaps libnvcamerahdr.so from 4.1 or 4.2.

Battery drain I think your right, google services framework. But I'm completely not sure... I downgraded google play services, then I disabled google services framework. Now I have upgraded google play services and enabled google services framework. But I still have deep sleep.....

nascar59

Apr 20, 2014
Hi, I'm not sure whether you need to upgrade cwm. I think though, that if you upgrade cwm, you'll still be able to return to @mcl630 's rom, provide you back it up first. Not entirely sure though...
Thank for your response ,that is what i don't know either i try some thing last time to flash and almost lost my tablet took me a whyle to get it back love that Lenovo tablet it's 2yrs 1.2 now with twice fix the usb not charging
with A2109A IO Board Assembly 90000683 did it myself but otherwise great.I will search to find out a way how to.,Thank you PJBRS,

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012

I don't see any reason it would be a problem.

BTW, PJBrs, thanks for the AOSP ROM. I don't use my A2109 much any more, but I'll give it a try soon.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014

Small update... I think the battery draining bug is in gapps (not completely sure though). Workaround--disable google service framework. That means Google Play won't work anymore, so you don't get updates to your apps. To update apps, reactivate google service framework and reboot. (Not much of a workaround, is it... Sigh...)

Camera... Well, so, the camera takes pictures, video recording makes your head look like it's just come out of a vise. I hoped the TF300 blob would make a difference but it didn't. Final option--use the stock camera HAL from ICS.

I'm working on these options before going to 4.3. Also note that I still have some fixes lined up, so wait a bit before you update. Finally, I plan to replace a harddrive somewhere the coming week, so expect some downtime.

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Hi PJBrs,
I couldn't find the reason why I got this error when I flash your rom:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="kai" || getprop("ro.rebuild.product")
status7

Would you please help me to solve it? Thanks!

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Can I solve it by manually modify META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script in the zip package?

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
Small update... I think the battery draining bug is in gapps (not completely sure though). Workaround--disable google service framework. That means Google Play won't work anymore, so you don't get updates to your apps. To update apps, reactivate google service framework and reboot. (Not much of a workaround, is it... Sigh...)

Camera... Well, so, the camera takes pictures, video recording makes your head look like it's just come out of a vise. I hoped the TF300 blob would make a difference but it didn't. Final option--use the stock camera HAL from ICS.

I'm working on these options before going to 4.3. Also note that I still have some fixes lined up, so wait a bit before you update. Finally, I plan to replace a harddrive somewhere the coming week, so expect some downtime.

Back to stock 4.1.2. because battery drain make ROM unusable!
Wait for fix...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi PJBrs,
I couldn't find the reason why I got this error when I flash your rom:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="kai" || getprop("ro.rebuild.product")
status7

Would you please help me to solve it? Thanks!

Alternatively, if you use my cwm, the zip should install without error.

Back to stock 4.1.2. because battery drain make ROM unusable!
Wait for fix...

I may have found the culprit for our battery drain, it's com.google.android.gms.wearable.service.WearableService , which is provided by Google Play-services. I installed DisableService to disable it, and now I seem to have deep sleep again. Of course, that's not the same as having the fix in the rom.

Regarding camera, well... Stock ICS loads, but it doesn't store pictures. Somehow, I get jpg files but they don't seem to have exif data.

IN SUM, we're still not done with 4.2.2. I REALLY was hoping to get to 4.3, but alas. I updated the first post to better reflect the current state of the roms.

Last edited: