[ROM] Gome Flytouch Firmware Releases (VIA8505 7" Tablet)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
gome-flytouch.jpg

Firmware v1.6
Build v1.7.4

--------
Note:
Build v1.7.4 is very slow and buggy not provided here.

Firmware v1.6
Build v1.8.2
Download
----------
Note:
Build v1.8.2 is much quicker but Google Apps are removed, Animated Android Logo is now presented on boot-up, New Camera Software and Picture Capture

Firmware v1.6
Build v1.9_88
Download
http://www.filefront.com/17216624/1.9_88.zip
--------------
Note: Latest
Build v1.9_88 Battery Life now increases and can go beyond 2 hrs. (3.5 hrs), New Camera Software and Picture Capture, there are some other software add-ons also. New Settings now appears on the desktop tray.

How to install the firmware and build

Put the file named "script" wholely into your microSDHC card after decompressing files.
Plug microSDHC card then turn on your PC, the PC will upgrade automatically.
Pull out microSDHC card after upgrading, then the PC will restart automatically.
The system has been upgraded successfully.
Make Sure Your Computer is Full of Power During Upgrading.

Manufacturer Reports Odd Behavior

1. Booting time is around 1 minute and 15 seconds.
2. Please insert microSDHC card before turning on your tablet PC, if not, the system will automatically show "REMOVED microSDHC CARD" then change to an exclamatory mark on the top left corner.
When clicked, "microSDHC CARD REMOVED,INSERT A NEW ONE" will show.

3. Each computer will be equiped with a stylus. Please use this touching pen as much as possible as the sensitivity is better.
4. It's normal that the machine will be a little warmer while using.

Last edited:

shane21

Aug 22, 2010
good day sir! i've successfully installed it to my mid-706 but menu and volume buttons doesn't work and application closes after 1 sec..no luck both for 1.8.2 and 1.9_88..do you know how to fix this?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Which model do you have? This is ROM flash is only for the Gome Flytouch VIA model.

newbier

Aug 23, 2010
Can I create a backup of my system?, it just in case this one doesn't work fine ;-)... I'm not sure if I have a flytouch or a cloned-flytouch ;)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
i have same problem after rooting with these build.question-how to restore to original soft.my device is VIA based 7INCH IROBOT MID 2GB 256RAM

What happen? Why do you want to restore?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
There is rooted version that fixes Market App but it takes into Google Account setup first. You can get around that choice though. That one is called Android OS Version 1.6 / Build 1.9_88 rooted with market installed v0.2, otherwise the one posted in the first link is OEM version.

Gigglingoth

Sep 11, 2010
good day sir! i've successfully installed it to my mid-706 but menu and volume buttons doesn't work and application closes after 1 sec..no luck both for 1.8.2 and 1.9_88..do you know how to fix this?

Finally! Someone else with the same issue! I actually purchased mine knowing it had issues but he didn't state anything more than he had tried to update to the 1.9-88 or whatever and since then it wasn't right. I honestly have no clue as to what my tablet is. The only thing it says is model LY-706 and there's nothing more about it on the box or in the manual and since the apps and everything only open for a split second, I can't get into settings to find out anything more. Have you finally found a way to correct this?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Finally! Someone else with the same issue! I actually purchased mine knowing it had issues but he didn't state anything more than he had tried to update to the 1.9-88 or whatever and since then it wasn't right. I honestly have no clue as to what my tablet is. The only thing it says is model LY-706 and there's nothing more about it on the box or in the manual and since the apps and everything only open for a split second, I can't get into settings to find out anything more. Have you finally found a way to correct this?

Use this one for your model: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-7-4-rooted-v0-1i-working-market-flash.html

truevermo

Sep 2, 2010
Dear all I downloaded EPAD256.1.988.3k.7z from provided link, but before flash my Apad I'de like to be sure what I should do and what not. My Apad is showing while starting V1.9_88. What I need is 3 things.
1- ROOT my Apad so I can install applications that I am not able to at the moment.
2- Arabize it (make it Arabic enabled).
3- my Apad cannot discover or connect to any Ad-hoc WIFI spots (using 3G mobile as WIFI router) as well as I can’t use my USB modem
Kindly advice should I use this ROM however it's the same version in order to ROOT my tablet. In regards of Arabic fonts and its soft keyboard can you advice me the link to. Finally is there any file I can add to enable Ad-hoc and USB modem, thanking you in advance.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Do you have ePad or aPad?
How much RAM you have?
These ROM unless posted otherwise are for Wonder Media 8505 CPU.
Do you have such a CPU in yours?

truevermo

Sep 2, 2010
thnx for your reply, but all i know is my tablet is : Memory size: 256 MB
Model number: generic
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: 1.9
be patient as i feel TECH illiterate with these all info

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Do you have a picture of this tablet?
Need the port view though, where you connect the AC, and such?
Does yours look like this:

39890_422609852948_579882948_4940413_3880648_n.jpg

or

this

38668_417105562948_579882948_4796329_7396812_n.jpg

Color is not important, but the ports are?