ROM installing bricked my epad

josell

Nov 14, 2010
I know there is a lot of topics about this, but this case is different.

Dear friends, this is my history:

I was about to tell my mother that we did not need to spend our little money on a graphing calculator for university because I got an application (HandyCalc) that could do the same of common one.

The day before I had installed a new ROM which installer remained in the memory card. Whenever I started my EPAD, I removed the card to avoid starting the installer. I did not bother to remove the installer despite all the time I had.

On that tragic day, I forgot to remove the card on time, so I removed the card unconsciously few seconds after the installer started. (when it was installing uboot, or something like)

Now, my EPAD not vibrate at startup. Only the light turns green but does not read the card at the beginning, so I can not reinstall the rom.

What I can do?

I know I can use an ipod touch cable to connect the device to a computer.

Can I fix the device with a cable of this type, or I'll lose more money? What I can do?

Please help me.

This is the device: New Epad 7" Touch Android 1.7 Camera Tablet PC Mid WiFi M7003 - China Android,Android Tablet,Android Netbook in Notebook & Laptop Computer

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you might be out of luck. when you turn it on how far does it boot up before it stops? like can you see the android logo or anything?

revbradl

Oct 27, 2011
you might be out of luck. when you turn it on how far does it boot up before it stops? like can you see the android logo or anything?

Hello, I have this same problem with an MID e/a pad... I was trying to install a new ROM (88_WMT2.1.1_2.1.2_20110228HCH), and the installer said it needed to reboot the device to start the process. Now I don't get anything on the screen (the green power light comes on, but nothing on the screen). Also, I can't feel the unit vibrating anymore (it used to vibrate when booting up). I've got the case open, and saw someone's Youtube showing them running a screwdriver down the contacts of the FLASH ROM to reset it. Do you recommend it? If not, do you have any other suggestions?

darmayasa

Nov 20, 2011
Please see this forum ( Not find Udisk ( dev/sda ) Fail to update filesystem. Exit! ), if your tablet seem like the picture in this forum, you can try use firmware from China Vasion. It work fine with my MID 7". The update of the download link, you can find in my last post... I hope it help you...

I know there is a lot of topics about this, but this case is different.

Dear friends, this is my history:

I was about to tell my mother that we did not need to spend our little money on a graphing calculator for university because I got an application (HandyCalc) that could do the same of common one.

The day before I had installed a new ROM which installer remained in the memory card. Whenever I started my EPAD, I removed the card to avoid starting the installer. I did not bother to remove the installer despite all the time I had.

On that tragic day, I forgot to remove the card on time, so I removed the card unconsciously few seconds after the installer started. (when it was installing uboot, or something like)

Now, my EPAD not vibrate at startup. Only the light turns green but does not read the card at the beginning, so I can not reinstall the rom.

What I can do?

I know I can use an ipod touch cable to connect the device to a computer.

Can I fix the device with a cable of this type, or I'll lose more money? What I can do?

Please help me.

This is the device: New Epad 7" Touch Android 1.7 Camera Tablet PC Mid WiFi M7003 - China Android,Android Tablet,Android Netbook in Notebook & Laptop Computer

dogboy

Jan 6, 2012
hello my titan pc7005 won't boot after update fail tried to reflash but it sticks at (start test device) using RK2818 Android Upgrade Tool_v1.23 can anyone help me

Last edited: