root and flash

mattarmstrong

Nov 26, 2010
I have the slyvania 7" android 2.1 tablet..........Ok i see universal androot has worked on this device. Where is a link or instructions please. Second question if i root is that like unlocking a windows mobile device. And if so can you use a rom update utility to flash a new os say like cyanogen running android 2.2 .......................with flash 10.1 ..................................................................... is this possible. I have unlocked and flashed phones before i would think the same principals would apply here since its a similar device can any one help me? I know that on the htc touch pros you can download haret for android 2.2 and use gen y dual boot loader. Cant something like that also be placed on this there has to be a way even if you root and someone has the galaxy tab image that could be flashed on so full 2.2 and flash 10.1 and official android market. And those haret files have a working google market..

Last edited:

mattarmstrong

Nov 26, 2010
I have the slyvania 7" android 2.1 tablet..........Ok i see universal androot has worked on this device. Where is a link or instructions please. Second question if i root is that like unlocking a windows mobile device. And if so can you use a rom update utility to flash a new os say like cyanogen running android 2.2 .......................with flash 10.1 .................................................. ................... is this possible. I have unlocked and flashed phones before i would think the same principals would apply here since its a similar device can any one help me? I know that on the htc touch pros you can download haret for android 2.2 and use gen y dual boot loader. Cant something like that also be placed on this there has to be a way even if you root and someone has the galaxy tab image that could be flashed on so full 2.2 and flash 10.1 and official android market. And those haret files have a working google market..

Some one has to know a way...... please help....

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
there are no roms being developed yet for this device. The source hasn't been released. Also we have no way of flashing anything new as of yet either.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
but you still can root it and unlock the full potential of the device all you have to do is google search for universal androot apk