root without reflashing

ghghgh14702

Nov 27, 2010
OK I have a rom I like but don't have root(su). Can anyone post a script that will run on boot to put su in the system/bin and change the permissions? I don't want another custom rom, just that one script to run. Or if you could tell me how to create a custom boot script like the ones that start the upgrade process I could try. I thought putting a scriptcmd on there would work but it didn't fire (yes I used mkimage to create it)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you could try an app like z4root (found in the market) all it does is ad root to your current rom and if it doesnt work there is no side affect just no root.

ghghgh14702

Nov 27, 2010
you could try an app like z4root (found in the market) all it does is ad root to your current rom and if it doesnt work there is no side affect just no root.

I have already tried this and other root/softroot apps, none of them worked. I am using the wmt2x series rom (only one that actually loads fully). I know that the boot scripting has root capabilities as that is needed to re-flash the rom, and I know you can run script at that time (again because of custom re-flashing). I have even built the script needed to accomplish the task, but it won't fire. I really need to know how to fire off script during boot (script folder), I put my scriptcmd (created with mkimage) in the script folder with su and superuser.apk but the script is not firing. Does anyone know what else I need in the folder to cause the script to fire? I just want this one script to fire, not the full firmware flash.

ghghgh14702

Nov 27, 2010
so nobody has any ideas? seems like you would have to know this to build a custom firmwire