Rooted, Happy, Question

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Are you having a problem with the Youtube app?

If not, the step is not needed.
If so, install "titanium backup" app from the market:
titanium backup > backup/restore > youtube app > wipe data
or
Nook Color Tools > All Settings > Manage Applications (alt menu -filter all) > Youtube app: Clear cache

...and if you still have problems, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the youtube app.

Uninstall/re-install
Youtube.apk
Place on sd card and install with your favorite file browser

On which rom, there are many and everyone has their favorite. See the Nook Color Technical section
Here is a good thread to AT.net members opinions: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-what-you-running-your-daily-driver-poll.html

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
At the top of Titanium Backup there are supposed to be three tabs. Somebodyelse had the problem where they weren't showing but I don't remember the soulution. Maybe I can track it down.

In the mean time, you can practice taking screen shots by holding the n button and quickly taping tha vol - button. A second later you'll hear a sound and a little camera will popup in the notification bar. You can then go into your gallery and see the screen shot. There are various ways to upload those pics from your nook to here (drop box, pohotobucket, transfer to the pc, tapatalk).

steveb_123

Mar 21, 2011
I took the screenshot, but the image didn't show up in the gallery. After a reboot it did, do I need to reboot every time I do something on this nook ?
Downloaded the rom manager, but it needs a formatted sd card, do I just format my flash sd card, or do I need to format it IN the nook ?
Sorry, I feel like such a noob.

steveb_123

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks Rico, uninstalled with nook tools and then with dropbox re-installed Youtube and its working great now.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I took the screenshot, but the image didn't show up in the gallery. After a reboot it did, do I need to reboot every time I do something on this nook ?
Downloaded the rom manager, but it needs a formatted sd card, do I just format my flash sd card, or do I need to format it IN the nook ?

Shouldn't need to reboot to see screen shots. You will need to reboot to see apps in B&N "Extras" if you haven't installed a Home Launcher. Zeam is a popular home launcher to start with but you can search the market for others. Then you will have access to an "App Drawer" which will update with the app as soon as the app is installed.

You can format you SD card either in the nook or in a PC. If the card is already in the nook go to Settings>Device Info>SD Card>Unmount>Format

Do I flash with a 2.2 2.3 internal kernel not knowing which OS im going to run, or decide that first ?

You should decide which ROM (OS) you are going to run first then flash the appropriate kernel.

Last edited: