Rooting And Development For MID 1045

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for all your work on this device, Vampirefo. I have 2 new MID1045's and they're stuck at a blank screen after Coby logo. I started trying to install gapps following various sets of instructions. Forgive me... I'm a total no0b :( I have rooted many phones but these are my first two devices.

My current status is this: I've managed to flash your CW Recovery for the 1045. I then tried to flash the stock rom from kawboy76 but I'm still at the blank screen. I made sure to do factory reset on both before flashing. Both times, screen says update completed successfully, but nothing.

PLEASE help me. Is there a way out for me?? Promise I'll donate. Not a bribe.. just a token of thanks! Cheers. :)

You made no backup? Download the rom I uploaded do a factory reset then install the rom.

thorius

Jul 21, 2013
You made no backup? Download the rom I uploaded do a factory reset then install the rom.

I kinda botched the job to begin with.. I just rooted and attempted to install Gapps, thought it would be a simple process. I followed the steps and set permissions etc. Then I started getting the "Setup Wizard Has Stopped" and "Google Services Framework Has Stopped" crash sequence and I could not load tablet home screen. In safe mode, I managed to get to the Google Account setup wizard but clicking the Android bot gave no results - it just triggered the errors again.

That's when I stumbled across this thread. I installed your Clockwork Recovery for 1045 and did a factory reset, then tried to install both yours and Kawboy76's stock roms. No joy :( It just loads the Coby logo and then a blank screen. Any other ideas? Any help is appreciated, friends!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I uploaded two different stock 1045 roms, did you try both? Coby has about 3 or more different versions of the same tablet, that's why it's so important to make a backup before making any modifications to a tablet, so you can always go back to stock if something goes wrong.

Without a backup you are going to have to try different roms, even might have to make your own to get the tablets working, If I had the tablets it wouldn't be that hard to fix them, but to explain the process requires way to much time, and is way to involved. You need to get adb up and running, disassemble the boot.img to see what modules are being called, run logcat to what errors, use adb to see what modules are being loaded.

At this point try all available roms and dumps for 1045, you can also read up on abd, logcat and how to unpack and repack a boot.img, how to load and unload modules, black screen usually means modules or sensors not loading, those are determined by the boot.img, plus they must be compatible with the kernel being used.

thorius

Jul 21, 2013
I uploaded two different stock 1045 roms, did you try both? Coby has about 3 or more different versions of the same tablet, that's why it's so important to make a backup before making any modifications to a tablet, so you can always go back to stock if something goes wrong.

Without a backup you are going to have to try different roms, even might have to make your own to get the tablets working, If I had the tablets it wouldn't be that hard to fix them, but to explain the process requires way to much time, and is way to involved. You need to get adb up and running, disassemble the boot.img to see what modules are being called, run logcat to what errors, use adb to see what modules are being loaded.

At this point try all available roms and dumps for 1045, you can also read up on abd, logcat and how to unpack and repack a boot.img, how to load and unload modules, black screen usually means modules or sensors not loading, those are determined by the boot.img, plus they must be compatible with the kernel being used.

Thanks so much for your response, Vampirefo. Yes, I tried both your roms on both the tablets, and a couple others from others too.

I have an idea.. can I ship these tablets to you and pay for your time to fix? I've already spent too much time on them :( Naturally, I'll cover shipping both ways. If this is possible, PM me and let me know how much. I can even ship them to a FedEx or UPS location in your area if you prefer. I know it's a weird request, but I need these things working. lol

Again, thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
NO, I won't do that, You can send them back to Coby cost $15 each and Coby will replace them, as long as they are under the 1 year warranty.

IF you have adb setup pull the boot.img and upload it, I will look at it and let you know what modules it needs to load.

haroldmch

Aug 20, 2013
Greetings friends, first of all I apologize for my English, because I do not speak your language. Helped me with a translator. :(
Is there any custom rom for MID1045?
Thanks!

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
Hello guys noob here, I owned a coby 1045 for less than a year, december makes a year. and its now acting up. Cant open any of the factory apps or dloaded apps get an error not responding msg for everything. Tried system reset,erase,reboot, but seems unresponsive since some dloaded apps remain on screen like dolphin browser. Help what should I do or can I do. Can any of dumps or recoverys on this thread help me, is there a way to manually rid everything and start over from scratch i dont think its bricked since it turns on and I can get into safe mode. Can anyone tell me what to do step by step, Im even willing to root if it will help. Oh yeah btw shipping it back to coby is out of the question heard they sold the company and sending it to them under warranty is as good as throwing it away.

Last edited:

Truhse

Aug 26, 2015
Hey guys and girls.... :)

After managing to backup the device in adb shell with the here provided dump-files, I finally made this thingy running again. A textfile with the steps how to do it, is here: adb shell dump restore.txt | adb shell dump restore.txt | by Truhse for Generic Device

Restoring this way will bring the touchscreen back again, even if you erased its partition in an accident with Livesuite. ;)

I uploaded a file which contains a nandroid-backup and an image for PhoenixUSB/PhoenixCard. Hope this will still help anyone wo was not succesfull until now.....

I did not managed to bring the internal memory back, so the nandroid-backup contains the link2sd-app. Any help for this problem is much appreciated.

Many thanks to Vampirefo for those helpfull files found here and there. All available thumbs up for you. ;)

Get my package here: coby_mid1045_nandroid_phoenix.zip | coby_mid1045_nandroid_phoenix.zip | by Truhse for Generic Device

CWM is included, also the stock recovery as a signed zip. Phoenix tools are inside too. It should contain everything needed.

Nice day(s)....

edit: I am connected to my router with full signal strenght, but loging into PlayStore-account gives me the "...no stable connection" error. Plus I can´t open any website. Browser-message says I´m not connected to the internet. Of course the www is available to every other device connected. Any ideas? o_O

edit2: Changing routers encryption from AES to TKIP solved my problem. WiFix.apk didn´t helped at all....TKIP did. ;)

Last edited:

yurais

Nov 18, 2020
long time....
but...

just got a bricked one to fix.
I will try the last post things (if available)
one question
is it the same COBY MID 1045 and COBI KYROS MID 1045 ?
anyone got a device which is not booting to recovery after the Keys Combo ?

yurais

Nov 18, 2020
Hey guys and girls.... :)

After managing to backup the device in adb shell with the here provided dump-files, I finally made this thingy running again. A textfile with the steps how to do it, is here: adb shell dump restore.txt | adb shell dump restore.txt | by Truhse for Generic Device

Restoring this way will bring the touchscreen back again, even if you erased its partition in an accident with Livesuite. ;)

I uploaded a file which contains a nandroid-backup and an image for PhoenixUSB/PhoenixCard. Hope this will still help anyone wo was not succesfull until now.....

I did not managed to bring the internal memory back, so the nandroid-backup contains the link2sd-app. Any help for this problem is much appreciated.

Many thanks to Vampirefo for those helpfull files found here and there. All available thumbs up for you. ;)

Get my package here: coby_mid1045_nandroid_phoenix.zip | coby_mid1045_nandroid_phoenix.zip | by Truhse for Generic Device

CWM is included, also the stock recovery as a signed zip. Phoenix tools are inside too. It should contain everything needed.

Nice day(s)....

edit: I am connected to my router with full signal strenght, but loging into PlayStore-account gives me the "...no stable connection" error. Plus I can´t open any website. Browser-message says I´m not connected to the internet. Of course the www is available to every other device connected. Any ideas? o_O

edit2: Changing routers encryption from AES to TKIP solved my problem. WiFix.apk didn´t helped at all....TKIP did. ;)

none of the files are available to download, can someone reupload?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
After five years it's unlikely anyone will answer. It's extremely unlikely that anyone on this thread still has their tablets. It's almost a certainty that the files are permanently gone. Coby themselves have been out of business for years now.

Besides, this tablet has an ancient version of Android. I don't even think Google Play Services will function on it, if you got it installed. Modern apps are unlikely to work on it even if you could install them.

Scrap the tablet and get a new one.

yurais

Nov 18, 2020
It is Cuba here, people here just grasp to its old garbage .
Too many people here would be happy with this tab, for just playing music and video or reading pdf documents...

Anyways, I think it can't be fixed, I just can't make it enter recovery mode, it didn't respond to the buttons combinations, I disassembled it and checked buttons and are working well.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975U1 mediante Tapatalk

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Too many people here would be happy with this tab, for just playing music and video or reading pdf documents...
None of which this tablet did very well, even when it was new. Having only 1GB of RAM when other devices had 2 - 4GB of RAM proved to be a serious bottleneck.

yurais

Nov 18, 2020
Just gave up... Returned it .
Thanks for your time .

Enviado desde mi SM-G975U1 mediante Tapatalk