Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
MAKING A BACKUP

1. You should now be looking at the ClockworkMod Recovery menu. In this menu, the home button scrolls down and the menu button is used to select options.

2. First we need to create a backup of the current system. This can be used as a fall-back in case anything goes wrong. The backup image will be stored on the MicroSD card.

3. Press the home button until "backup and restore" is selected and press menu to select this option.

4. On the backup and restore menu, the "backup" option should already be selected. Press menu to select this option. ClockworkMod Recovery will create a full backup image of your current tablet system. This may take a few minutes. When it is complete, it will return you to the original ClockworkMod Recovery menu.

If you search around you would be able to find what I find.....
on the stickies up top there are some good post and links to other sites for more info... I'll take some pics of my screens when I can to give a visual of what posted..

If your getting the "space" placement correct and still getting signature failure that what i was referring to check to see if it was enabled...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
stickied until i can get around to combining all of the 'rooting and market' threads.

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
ok first of all many thanks to sndplace, i finally got it fixed i just started from the beginning and took very slow steps and it now works great. i have now done a backup and i understand a lot better now. thanks to everyone that contributed to the mod

Aang

Feb 18, 2011
This has saved my sanity, Thank you thank you thank you, I also want to THANK Masimo and the cool Dude in N.Y ...thank u all

ender07

Feb 3, 2011
I don't know why but everything I try never seems to work. I did the whole process all the way through rebooting, it didn't give me the previous cannot find flash_image errors it did before. I rebooted but got to the android with the exclamation point again. I rebooted normally and tried again but it still won't let me do it past the last command to reboot in the terminal emulator. I have redownloaded all the files just to be sure they weren't corrupted the first time, but it did nothing to help. I have no idea why mine can't do it but others can, its getting really frustrating. If you have any ideas or need me to provide additional info just let me know. Thanks!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
No problem Jackrussell... happy you got it working... Now anytime your tablet locks up or something seems wrong you can bring it back to normal with yuor backups... check out the sticky up top l_n is working a custom rom to enhance the tab even more....

evets12982

Feb 20, 2011
This worked flawlessly. Not a single problem like SO many other threads and videos. And the dreaded flash file not found demon from hell was nowhere to be seen. THANK YOU!! Hey can you reccomend any other good stuff to do with the Kryos?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You can install and test the new version of my Watery Kyros ROM. :)

jlg234

Feb 22, 2011
Thank you all for the instructions. Boy am I glad I came on board late in the game. I am new to Android as well as Linux (Ubuntu).

- Step 2 I found confusing - I generally use Firefox for Internet access. When I hit the link in step 2 it did not start the download of the new FW update from Coby - it just opened a window and showed me the gand....zip file that I already had downloaded with which I couldn't do anything with. I even unzipped it and there was no "Bin" folder as stated in the instructions. I didn't know that the new FW was the target with this link. Then I tried Windows Internet Explorer and it started the download of the new FW. I then extracted that to a folder on my PC and drilled in as instructed and copied the desired file to the root of my SD card. Now step 2 made sence.

AS I still do not have my 7015 (just ordered today) I have to wait.

When I get it though these are the steps I will be taking.

I will first have to check to see what level FW it is at.

If not 7015a then I should apply the update as shown by Coby.

Then take a system backup using the mentioned steps later in this thread. I am not sure if I need the SD card with the files mentioned earlier in this thread to do the back-up. I probably do as you can select your actions from the menu when using the ClockworkMod Recovery mode.

Then go back and do this Google app and Market install.

Can someone confirm that I am on the right track or did I miss a step.

Another question - when I do the backup - is it save to internal memory (4 gig) or can it be directed to an sdcard. Better yet can it just be copied to my PC harddrive via USB (I am using Win XP).

John

rsilky1

Feb 24, 2011
i started this update but struck out on my first trip to the plate. i can't seem to make it to wherever the link---http://redirectingat.com/?id=1629X68...26-11-a-4.html ...is leading me.help!

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
Rsilky, i wouldn't worry about it. L_n has kindly did the dirty work for us.
Look in the watery thread and follow those steps. That's all u need.
Let us know how it goes!

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
I am doing all the steps correctly and it fails at step 16 every time I have tried re-downloading the recovery.img file i have deleted and re-put it onto the tablet several times and every time it says

flash_image: not found

can anyone help me please as i am a noob at this rooting and hacking android business

yoop

Dec 13, 2010
I am doing all the steps correctly and it fails at step 16 every time I have tried re-downloading the recovery.img file i have deleted and re-put it onto the tablet several times and every time it says

flash_image: not found

can anyone help me please as i am a noob at this rooting and hacking android business

It sounds like you might've had a typo and didn't properly copy the flash_image binary in step #15. Go back and do step #15 all over again and report back here what the output says after each command.

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
ok so I re-did step 15 and on the first command
this is what i got

# cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
cp: can't stat '/sdcard/flash_image': No such file or directory