Rooting=void warranty?

Lukap

Jan 14, 2011
Hey I was wondering if I root my kyros will it void the one year warranty I have with it. Thanks

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
technically yes on every warranty I have seen. That is why you shouldn't do it if you don't know what you are doing and how to restore it to stock.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
ah just install the update from Coby before you send it back for replacement. That should wipe out any trace of your fooling around...:)

Lukap

Jan 14, 2011
ah just install the update from Coby before you send it back for replacement. That should wipe out any trace of your fooling around...:)

Are u sure?

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

willber

Jan 9, 2011
no I'm not because I haven't tried this but others that have rooted say re-installing the Coby update took them back to a factory fresh unit.
Give it a try but you will probably have to re-root.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Just to mention this again, coby ships these things with ro.secure set to 0. Also, adbd runs as root by default. I don't think they're too worried about rooted tablets...

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well it's probably good practice to try to wipe any personal data before sending it back anyways.

You could just cat /dev/zero > to whatever...

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
If you use Z4Root you can reverse the root procedure at any given time without the need for a factory reset. If you are really worried about it the Kyros has an integrated factory reset feature. When powering on hold the menu and back keys and you will be prompted with an on screen exclamation and android logo. Just hitting the back button after that brings you to a simple text menu with the option to do a complete factory reset.

I would say rooting alone is pretty safe and completely reversible. It's what you do after you root the device that can cause problems!