[Rumor] Details of the Nexus 7 Tablet Leak Ahead of Google I/O

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
AsusNexusTablet-leaked.jpg

Supposedly, thanks to a leaked training document Gizmodo Australia was able to procure, we now know the full details on the upcoming Google Nexus tablet, the Nexus 7. According to the leaked info, the Asus-made tablet will indeed be displayed/demoed at Google I/O this week, and will come with Android 4.1, which will be Jelly Bean. Additionally, the tablet will begin hitting the retail channel in July (at least in Australia, according to the intel) and there will be two versions. One is an 8GB model that will sell for $199.99, and the other is a 16GB model that will sell for $249.99. Not only that but we also have the full spec breakdown:
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • Quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor - 1.3Ghz
  • 1GB RAM
  • NFC with Google Wallet and Android Beam
  • 7-inch IPS Display (1280 by 800 pixel resolution, 216ppi)
  • 1.2 MP front facing camera
  • 9 hour battery life
  • 8GB or 16GB storage versions
Even though the leak only reveals info on an Australian launch, it is still very likely that the tablet will be shipping out internationally on or around the same time in July. It looks like nearly all of the rumors we have picked up over the past few weeks have proven to be true. Finally, Google and the Android community will be able to compete with the iPad in a different way, by attempting to dictate pricing with dramatically cheaper competitors, instead of matching it toe-to-toe. Once Google and its partners can establish their brand presence even further, things will be looking up for all the higher-end Android tablets as well.

Source: NexusTablets.net via Gizmodo Australia

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Wow, cool, look at the specs. :)

7" is a bit small for me, but that resolution is very sharp, denser than my 9.7" model. The Nexus 10 tablet will be a category killer, it seems.

Priced right, already with the latest Android, produced by a major player. Wow.

Thanks, dgstorm. :)