[Rumor] Google May Be Planning to Replace Nexus Products with Android Silver Lineup

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
nexus-lineup-play-store.png

We've heard several rumors in the past that Google might be considering killing off the Nexus line of smartphones and tablets, but today's intel is the first time where we have heard a solid reason why they would make this choice. It also includes a tease of what Google will use as a replacement for the brand. It looks like Google is simply working on fleshing out the Android brand even more rather than killing off their involvement with the mobile market.

According to the rumor...

Continue Reading @: [Rumor] Google May Be Planning to Replace Nexus Products with Android Silver Lineup

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I think it's great, as I said before I have the shovel let's bury Nexus, pretend it never happed and then Google can release a top quality tablet, I will be in the market next year for a tablet, OH Google be smart this time, use a great processor, and you know that's MTK.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
What I take away from this "rumor" is that the Nexus brand will undergo a name change and an increase in price. There is no indication of whether or not there will be any upgrade in the tech specs.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
While I'd rather not see a price increase, it's probably time for a significant change for Googles' tablet line.

I'll be happy as long as the new tablets are realistically priced and offer high(er) end processors, displays and memory in an attractive package.

Hopefully they won't chase the low-end market like so many other Android tablet mfgs are doing lately.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
There is no indication of whether or not there will be any upgrade in the tech specs.

The full article mentions premium and high end several times, I'd say that means the specs will follow suit.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Hopefully they will put an SD card slot in the things this time!

Based solely on what Google has done in the past, I think that is unlikely.

I do wonder how much consumer cloud data storage has increased over the last 5 years or so given the lack of an expansion slot in Google and other mfgs tablets