[Rumor] Verizon to launch 10" Motorola Tablet w/ Android 2.2 and FiOS TV

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
2qnux4l.jpg

So, we have all heard the recent rumors that Verizon and Motorola have combined forces (yet again) to work on a tablet. Specs, availability, features, and price point have all been a bit murky, however, as both companies have been hush-hush on the project. But yesterday, for the first time, details on the tablet began to emerge. Reported by Financial Times, the Motorola/Verizon tablet will have a 10 inch screen and launch with Android 2.2 (and consequently, Flash support will be inherent). But most interestingly, the tablet may be running some version of the Verizon FiOS service. This would certainly be a welcome addition, and (along with Flash capabilities) would really one-up "rival developers" (think, iPad). Expect the Motorola tablet to be thinner than the iPad, include a Mobile Hotspot feature, and have two cameras (one on the front for video conferencing, and another for taking photos).

Verizon FiOS TV on a tablet? Sounds like the perfect marriage to me. But as we all know, Verizon enjoys squeezing every last penny out of their customers, so don't expect these services to come cheap. Also, let's just pray that when they mention FiOS TV, they don't actually mean V Cast TV and Video. Pricing and availability for the Verizon/Motorola tablet are still unclear, but Financial Times' sources are saying we may see the device as early as "autumn" in the US.

Source: Financial Times
Graphic courtesy of Top News

Follow the discussion here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-verizon-10-inch-dual-camera-tablet-fios.html

Last edited:

DaHarder

Aug 2, 2010
At least it looks like we don't have to worry about another stupid 'pad' named tablet this time, since it appears that this device will be called the much more palatable - DROID T.

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Can't wait! Knowing the quality of devices Motorola has been putting out the last year, I'd be the first to pre-order one.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
They are going to efuse this thing. Again.

With the way the Milestone and Droid X turned out, I have no faith in Motorola.

Yodes

Jul 30, 2010
It will most likely be V-Cast video. FiOS is Fiber Optic, as in theres a cable involved. How's that gonna work getting TV to a tablet without a cable. Unless Verizon is poised to release a Sling (Dish Network) type solution for their FiOS boxes that they will unveil with this new tablet.

billvandusen

Aug 6, 2010
My (uneducated guess) would be similar to Yodes'. I bet they will offer easy connectability to existing FiOS subscribers and not FiOS "on" the device. The ability to control, record and change programming options will probably be added right to the tablet. I hope they offer an option with-out this as well, since my guess would be I wouldn't need/want the additional bloat-ware.