S7 Battery charging issues

cjmdpi

Feb 10, 2011
Hello. I am new to this Forum but have a question concerning the recharging of the battery in the S7. We have had one since Christmas and have gone through the "root" process. We installed the suggested Battery Backup software after the root. All worked well, until this week. It seems the charger or battery is not working right (I think it's the charger connection point) as it shows that the battery is charging initially (battery picture with the green "fill" showing) however, the battery does not accept a charge.

I had to remove the battery, reinstall, and then turn it on while plugged in to get the S7 to power on. I then went to the BB app and saw that the status was "AC Power" and the battery was not charging. I "wiggled" the power connection and the status changed to Charging. As long as I didn't move the tablet, the charging continued (i.e. I went to bed). This morning the battery was fully charged. Is there a known problem with the charger connector and/or connection point or could it be the battery itself? I haven't seen anything about this subject in this Forum. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Thanks,

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I was able to use my S7 with the charger plugged in and without the battery in, so I'm pretty sure you have a battery problem. You didn't say if it was charging fine when you got it, but it sounds like the battery is bad and won't charge. Unfortunately, Huawei won't send you a battery and will just tell you to take the device back to the store for an exchange, which sucks after you worked on it a lot. You're only other option would be to get a new battery.

Claian

Dec 27, 2010
There was a post a few late last year i think, where someones tablet stopped charging from the point.
I cant remember the outcome but i think they had to get it replaced.
I personally think the connection could be much sturdier than it is, I,m always worried I'm going to damage it. Especially when using the car charger.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
You just gotta handle these modern devices carefully. We used to play football with our TI-55s, but not any more. Maybe went PC, but it's just a fact that the new stuff breaks easily if you aren't careful. Just slow down, treat it right, and you'll have a long, happy life together.