S7 on Enterprise WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Hello, I bought an S7 last night and today I'm trying to connect it to the company wifi. However, no matter what I put in the connect dialog the "Connect" button stays disabled. This is for an EAP secured network. My Droid (running 2.2) has no such issue. I also noticed there are references to WAPI-PSK on the dialog which seems a bit out of place for here. A left over from it's Chinese roots perhaps? I really like it so far so I would hate to have this be a problem. Any ideas?

new2S7

Dec 8, 2010
I had the same problem, connecting to 802.1x enterprise WPA, I posted the solution I found on a thread of this forum on Dec. 8.
hope this will help.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Any idea what the title of the thread was? :)

new2S7

Dec 8, 2010
Something like "wifi wpa network connection issue"

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Sadly, no matter what I try it doesn't work. It also doesn't seem like the app in question actually bothers to save parameters. I'll try and edit the files directly later maybe. Oh well, back to tethering only.

new2S7

Dec 8, 2010
I also had to struggle a bit to make it work.

The key for me was creating a new network connection with the same SSID as the company network name (this does not require the WiFiAce app actually) , this at least allows you to enter parameters and save, without the damn "Connect" button being disabled. Then the entered information is somehow merged with the previously existing connection.

The WiFiAce app can then be used to disable/enable some WPA/802.1x encryption keys options, perhaps this is specific to each network. I tried different setups there until I finaly got one working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.