S7 Slim Performanse ?

alex89

May 25, 2011
Hey guys, what kind of results do your S7 Slimz get in Linpack, Neocore or similar benchmarks?

I'm really considering buying it, would you recommend it in terms of performance and overall ease of use ?

Thank you guys in advance for answers.
Cheers!

Apr 26, 2011
I have not ran benchmarks on mine... but the eyeball test says it's better in every way. Cap screen, more internal mem, seems faster, much longer battery life. the only negative is that there is no sim support. and the gps seems to not respond as well since 2.2 i got around the lack of sim by getting a mobile 4g router. and subscribing to clear's 4g service. Not a bad way to go IMO.

Zeve

May 4, 2011
I got 766 in Quadrant and 28255 in Linpack. I am very satisfied in all aspects related to performance. Even games supposedly Tegra 2-exclusive are running flawlessly with the Chainfire 3D Open GL wrapper installed.

My only minor problem is that I can´t get 720p video to run without lag, although dvd-quality plays great. And that I can´t install a custom launcher.

Surely the slim has a sim slot
It has, but it is filled with some kind of foam. I wonder if we remove that, it would accept a sim card and work with 3G. As I am satisfied using my Motorola Milestone as a 3G hotspot for the S7 slim, I see no reason yet to try.

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I got 766 in Quadrant and 28255 in Linpack. I am very satisfied in all aspects related to performance. Even games supposedly Tegra 2-exclusive are running flawlessly with the Chainfire 3D Open GL wrapper installed.

My only minor problem is that I can´t get 720p video to run without lag, although dvd-quality plays great. And that I can´t install a custom launcher.

It has, but it is filled with some kind of foam. I wonder if we remove that, it would accept a sim card and work with 3G. As I am satisfied using my Motorola Milestone as a 3G hotspot for the S7 slim, I see no reason yet to try.

if your hardware (simcard slot, 3g module, and everything) is there and connected, then you need new firmware to be able to work with 3G network.

AFAIK, BB version firmware does not have telephony/3g function in the firmware, but south african firmware has.

i think video capability S7 slim same with S7 classic.
Video 720p up to bitrate 2500 kbps, can be play without lag on my S7. make sure you have video with H264 and AAC codec to be able to use Hardware decoding.
if you use H264 and MP3 codec, then it will use Software decoding, and for sure the processor can not handle that bitrate causing video lag.

Last edited:

Zeve

May 4, 2011
Got a h264/AAC video - third-party players (rockplayer and vplayer) - no game. Native video player -> normal execution without lag, but... no audio. :( [scratches head]

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Got a h264/AAC video - third-party players (rockplayer and vplayer) - no game. Native video player -> normal execution without lag, but... no audio. :( [scratches head]

h264/AAC video, but what about bitrate? it should not exceed 2500kbps
check your video using "media info".

audio AAC 2 channels or multi channels? i didn't try video with multi channels audio.

i try to upload a sample 720p video, but my internet quota is finish :(

i will upload it when my connection is back to normal.

bilaanhunter

Aug 12, 2012
is there anybody can help me bring back the original firmware of my ideos s7 ...it was pldt telpad and i cant use simcard for this...plz help me asap...