Samsung galaxy note

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi All,

I've received my Galaxy Note & so far all is well, I havent had much time with it but in the short period i've had with it i've been impressed. I've not used the stylus yet so i'm sorry I cant comment on it.
The Samsung skin on the android is taking a bit of getting used to as this is my first Samsung , my brother & my son both have s2's & its normal to them but its the first time I've used it so its a bit strange, not unplesant just different !
I can comment on the genuine car dock which is superb in quality fit & design. I drove from London to South Wales today using it with no problems, it activates a special car panel which looks good but as yet I've not made use of its functions, due to my wife watching the formula 1 racing live on the screen of my android car stereo via my Slingbox & the Note's wireless hotspot providing the internet for the Slingplayer on the android car stereo. I was happy with the resulting picture & the phones performance.

Does anyone know of a way in the settings or a app that can turn on bluetooth & wireless when I dock the phone in the car dock & switch them off when I remove the phone from the dock ?

I will update as I learn more of the phone & its functions & no doubt I'll have more questions !

Mark :cool:

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that the sandisk ultra 64gb micro sd card works in the Note, you need to format the card in the note, & you need to use the supplied adaptor with the card to get your computer to recognise it (at least I did ! ) with a generic micro sd adaptor my computer told me it was 27 gb corrupt & invited me to format it ! thankfully I did not format it & tried the sandisk adaptor & all was well !

While on the subject of micro sd does of anyone know of a twin micro sd card adaptor along the lines of a twin sim adaptor, Ie dummy card / ribbon cable / twin micro sd card readers ? I thought that it would be a obvious upgrade product, but I cant find one anywhere !

Mark

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi J515OP,

This card is great for me as I like to keep a season of Doctor Who on my phone to amuse my grandson as well as my music collection which this card can do with ease,
I should mention the card cost £44 delivered from Amazon.co.uk which is the best price i've seen so far.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I should mention the card cost £44 delivered from Amazon.co.uk which is the best price i've seen so far.

The new toys just keep rolling in for you Mark, your wife must be very understanding. As I recall, she even buys some of them for you!:eek: From what I've seen around here, that's a very good price for a huge card like that.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Spider,

Im quite lucky, Im self employed in a tech based business (aerial / satellite / home cinema installation ) so i'm into gadgets & my wife embraces the tech (prob just as well !) so much its hard to seperate her from her Archos 80 g9 ! It doesn't hurt that a lot of it is a tax deductable expense for my work.

Mark

ALittleBoy

Mar 23, 2012
Hi J515OP,

This card is great for me as I like to keep a season of Doctor Who on my phone to amuse my grandson as well as my music collection which this card can do with ease,

Haha, I intend to do the same as well.. Except keep Game of Thrones and some other shows. :p

I have a question though.. The SD card goes in the note, right ? And stays there ? Like a SIM card ?

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi ALittleBoy,

Yes, its exactly like the sim card, when you remove the back cover you will see you sim, to the right of the sim card slot is a micro sd slot, the battery when in position traps the sim & the micro sd cards in position.

Mark

Haha, I intend to do the same as well.. Except keep Game of Thrones and some other shows. :p

I have a question though.. The SD card goes in the note, right ? And stays there ? Like a SIM card ?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
A couple of days ago ATT sent me an offer $100 off the 2 year contract price if i buy via att website so at $ 150 for a 2 year contract i could not pass it up and am now the proud owner of the Note. Loving the and the S Voice!

Now populating it with my fave apps...thinking about rooting - any recommended methods out there?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
A couple of days ago ATT sent me an offer $100 off the 2 year contract price if i buy via att website so at $ 150 for a 2 year contract i could not pass it up and am now the proud owner of the Note. Loving the and the S Voice!

Now populating it with my fave apps...thinking about rooting - any recommended methods out there?

Hi AnimaTechnica,

I installed a news for Galaxy Note APP called Drippler for Galaxy Note, It is quite informative & several article's have covered ways to root. I have not rooted mine & probably wont until T Mobile UK grace me with a ICS upgrade.
If you go ahead with rooting your Note, please let me know what method you use & what you think of the results.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hi AnimaTechnica,

I installed a news for Galaxy Note APP called Drippler for Galaxy Note, It is quite informative & several article's have covered ways to root. I have not rooted mine & probably wont until T Mobile UK grace me with a ICS upgrade.
If you go ahead with rooting your Note, please let me know what method you use & what you think of the results.

Thanks Mark i will check out Drippler. I went ahead and installed a custom ROM on my Note - basically version 4.04 ice cream sandwich (the rom name is the family) based on the latest leaked version of the ATT note. I must say it is much much smoother all around especially the pen. It also comes with the S Note bascially a more featured version of s memo. Been having a blast using it.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks Mark i will check out Drippler. I went ahead and installed a custom ROM on my Note - basically version 4.04 ice cream sandwich (the rom name is the family) based on the latest leaked version of the ATT note. I must say it is much much smoother all around especially the pen. It also comes with the S Note bascially a more featured version of s memo. Been having a blast using it.

Hi AnimaTechnica,

Thanks for the update on progress with ICS, did the rom come with all the samsung bell & whistles like the premium app suite or was it pure ICS without phone maker / network addons ?

Thanks,

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
the rom i used stripped off some of the touchwiz features but it had the s-note with premium suite

Hi AnimaTechnica,

Thanks for the update on progress with ICS, did the rom come with all the samsung bell & whistles like the premium app suite or was it pure ICS without phone maker / network addons ?

Thanks,

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
That sounds good, T-mobile UK still have not issued a update, but to be fair I dont think any UK network has released a ICS update yet.
Is the rom as reliable as the standard 2.3 the phone came with ?

Mark

Sent from my Slingloaded Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk