Samsung Galaxy Tab available for pre-order

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

If you are just dying to get your hands on one of the first Samsung Galaxy Tab's available then look no further then CellHut.com - They've got a pre-order going on for them. The price is much steeper then I had hoped at $699 however which appears to be $100 off the retail price.

We've seen them for sale via Amazon's UK site but this is the first US price we've seen. The link is here: Unlocked Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab (Unlocked Quadband) GSM Cell Phone

This is an unlocked device as well, so you'll be able to use it with any carrier that you can make it work with... and keep in mind this is a Quadband unit, so its pretty well going to work on most carriers. At this price level I'm going to guess that "subsidized" units will come in at $399.

Thanks to Neo4uo for the tip! Discuss it more in the Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I have to agree that's too pricey in today's economy? Those prices are like for the iPad ouch!

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
NO WAY!

Laptops don't even cost that much. Let alone a tablet that is half the limitation of a Lap Top. I think I'm gonna go with the lower end Archos or Stream TV.

I was hoping they'd be reasonable, but man. Plus what they are advertising doesn't run on AT&T 3G and I'm DEFINITELY am not going to pay that much money and not be able to benefit from it completely.

Wow. I'm kinda shocked as how steep it is. Oh well. Toshiba is even looking better right now than that.

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
Well, I'm not sure how much weight to put on one site's initial (pre-order, no less) pricing, but if that's the way unsubsidized pricing goes, the Galaxy Tab will not be a competitor at all. Disappojnting, yes, but let's see how the market actually shapes up in the coming weeks.

kmq

Sep 15, 2010
I don't get it - I'm sure they know only Apple can get away with price like that.
It doesn't matter if it's better equipped than iPad - theres no way they will get a lot of people to pay more than $500 for gadget they technically don't need.

Most people want cheap. Period. Why else EEE PC became so popular - well, not cause it's such a great machine. Only because it was so cheap.

Make it $350 even without all the unnecessary addons (camera, phone etc) and you will have instant hit ("like iPad but much cheaper").
At $800 - LOL, good luck with that!

dpeagle

Sep 7, 2010
i was reading this morning that the US model of the TAB wont be able to make cell calls. if this is true i will continue waiting.