Samsung Galaxy "Tablet" & Skype from Android Market

10Matic

Dec 5, 2010
When I download Skype from the Android Market it will NOT load on my Samsung Galaxy "Tablet". Is anyone else having this problem? I have tried it over a 4 day period and the same result each time "installation unsuccessful" Thank You!!!

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
not surprising since i have not been able to get skype working on the samsung galaxy s phone. see if you can find the older version i think skype lite

kiwiindo

Dec 28, 2010
Hi I had problems to download Skype for the GT-P1000 ended up going to softpedia then search for skype android from the device. Download the apk file and install from the card.

Really funny it says its an old version but you actually get the latest version. Seems Skype block non-USA downloads. My device is unlocked and connected to a local telco/wifi.

Skype works over wifi but I have not tried the 3G connection yet. I also have an unlocked older version of Skype from XDA-forum if I need to use 3G.

Looking forward to Skype with Video.

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
I have the non Verizon version of skype and it works fine. It also works on both 3g and wifi.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

strickja

Feb 9, 2011
Fishstick600 - curious , where did you get the .apk you are using, I too am having headaches with the market version. thanks

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
I didn't use a .apk I just searched skype on the market and use the non Verizon version. Still can't make video calls but I.can do everything on 3g

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Greetings Everyone:

It may be possible that Skype is not loading properly on Android 2.2.

Other Tablets like the HeroTab C8, Dropad A8, Apad M7009, all have Android 2.2 and Skype does not work.

Those of you who are developers do you think its the Tablets UI at fault, or Android 2.2, or Skype not being compatable.

Regards Robert

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
I currently use skype for phone calles and was told the new version does support video on the tsb...but it will not load on mine either.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum