samsung tab 2 7.0 running 4.2.2 just installed SD card, how to move pictures?

amyvegan

Nov 18, 2014
samsung tab 2 7.0 running 4.2.2 just installed SD card, how to move pictures? i can see in applications manager how to move apps but how can i move photos onto the SD card. the tablet is running soooooooooooo slow. just put a 16gb card in. thank you. i'm a newbie.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Amy, you need to use a file explorer app, to move your photos. If there's not one installed, I suggest ES3 or Astro, both available in the play store.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a link in my signature that will take you to quite a few suggestions on how to cut/copy/move/paste files.

amyvegan

Nov 18, 2014
Amy, you need to use a file explorer app, to move your photos. If there's not one installed, I suggest ES3 or Astro, both available in the play store.
thanks...why isn't this built into the device to make it easy?? weird. thanks!!!!!

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
There may well be one. Check your apps for "Files" or something similar. Not sure what Samsung installs on their devices.

amyvegan

Nov 18, 2014
There may well be one. Check your apps for "Files" or something similar. Not sure what Samsung installs on their devices.

if there is, it's nothing straightforward i can figure out. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Both the ES3 and the Astro managers have instructions under "Help", in the settings menu.

Peter Carlos

Nov 11, 2014
samsung tab 2 7.0 running 4.2.2 just installed SD card, how to move pictures? i can see in applications manager how to move apps but how can i move photos onto the SD card. the tablet is running soooooooooooo slow. just put a 16gb card in. thank you. i'm a newbie.

Well, you can either get the file manager downloaded like other members have already talked about es file explorer and all but I would say if you are running stock ROM over your device then you must have file manager installed try looking more closely for a folder option.