Scared to Reset

simatim

Nov 22, 2013
im a lil scared to reset, i know how to do it but when it says my email address is wher it will send my back up im really not so sure

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I wouldn't worry about it. Having reset my Dell Streak more times than I can count due to ROM development and upgrades, I've had no issues with my settings and other information such as contacts being restored from Google's backup.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If you have any apps you want to save your progress in, I would back them up using something like MyBackup (trial). Free for 30 days. I have reset my tablet dozens of times in the past 2 years, it is pretty easy to set back up when restoring from Google.

Also, be sure to back up any important files on your internal (/sdcard/) memory. I usually just copy the whole thing over to USB or microSD and then restore the files I need after the fact. Give it a week or two, if I haven't missed the files, I wipe them away from the backup.

simatim

Nov 22, 2013
well i took the plung and did it , all im worried about is pics and vids, i backed up with verizon cloud and after working out how to acctualy get the files back on my tablet and computer , i now have the issue that none of the thumb nails show what they are, i have to open them to view also i cant edit them ie rotate or open with ?

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Just a suggestion, but is there possibly an app from the PlayStore that could be used to organize, navigate, and author/re-author the images and videos?(with thumbnails to boot?)

They have a lot of apps. There must be something that would at least help. If I come across anything, I'll post it here. Glad to hear nothing was lost though. I forget the specifically too, but I know ADB has commands for backing up(complete/partial/user data, including where you were playing a game/s, etc.)

Doing a "Reset" can be a scary thing, I think we can all relate to the first time. Great to hear it went okay.(smilz)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi simatim, congratulations on your new Samsung tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!