Screen failing to wake up from standby

mid

Aug 28, 2010
I'm having issues with the screen failing to wake up from standby.
Sometimes it wakes up, and sometimes it doesn't.

When it doesn't is vibrates normally for a second but stays black, BUT sometimes after 5-10min or so it wakes up normally again. It's really a bizarre behavior.

I tried with build 1561, 1568, same thing happens.

Tried wiping cache, factory restore etc, nothing helps.

Has anyone a device.zip package for build 1480 or 1170 so I can try flashing those from SD card? :/

Is anyone having an advice regarding this bug? :/

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Hit the back button instead of the power button, works for me. This bug ironed itself out within a day for me

Hope this helps,
Richardo

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
When this happens to me, it is usually something power related.
When that happens to me, I plug in the AC, watch the red light turn on, wait a couple of minutes and retry the power.
Works...

Try it.

I believe the FT2's battery level monitor is flaky - gives wrong readings under certain conditions.
Even my Toshiba Folio exhibits somewhat crazy power behavior!

I'm having issues with the screen failing to wake up from standby.
Sometimes it wakes up, and sometimes it doesn't.

When it doesn't is vibrates normally for a second but stays black, BUT sometimes after 5-10min or so it wakes up normally again. It's really a bizarre behavior.

I tried with build 1561, 1568, same thing happens.

Tried wiping cache, factory restore etc, nothing helps.

Has anyone a device.zip package for build 1480 or 1170 so I can try flashing those from SD card? :/

Is anyone having an advice regarding this bug? :/

sephamorr

Mar 8, 2011
If your backlight is all the way off (set to minimum) the device will not wake up.
Remember to set the backlight to a higher value. I didn't test what the threshold was, but 50% worked fine. If I get a chance, maybe i'll write a software fix or simply a sleep/resume script to adjust the backlight.

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
When in doubt follow the directions. Power on - hold the switch down for 2 seconds, the device will enter the lock mode.
Power off - press the switch for 4 seconds and the device will ask for confirmation press icon , the machine turns off.
Press switch for 1 second the device goes into sleep mode.Press any key to awaken.If battery is low in sleep mode it will power off.
Hope that clears things up.