sd card boot flytouch 2

Jan 31, 2011
Ok, so after I spent about 6 hours this weekend, I have officially given up trying to boot from the flytouch 2 sd card.

Is this even possible? I am running Linux, so I'm sure that complicates things.

But, initially I was trying to get debian (linux) running on the flytouch 2 (similar to this thread -- http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...irmware-debian-v0-3-flytouch-sd-bootable.html

I know that was for the "flytouch" and not the flytouch 2, but I thought it might work.

After that, I have tried the froyo update for the sd card, and still nothing.

Am I missing something simple like a KEYPRESS to force it to book from the cd card?

My ultimate goal would be to try to run Linux (debian or ubuntu) but at this point I would like to see it boot something from the sd card.

my linux commands for taking the .img to the sd card is as follows
sudo dd if=/home/brian/Desktop/here/image_name.img of=/dev/sdd

My image gets created on the CD card, it looks ok. But the flytouch refuses to boot from ANY of the 6 or so images I have found and tried to run.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Brian Z

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Try to reformat the card itself as you might have a bad format. If you have another card laying around, try it too.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

Jan 31, 2011
That brings up another question, since I am using linux, should the format be fat, ext 2,3,4...? Ntfs
?

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I'm not very familiar with linux but I would think that it uses fat 32

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
The format needs to be fat32. I have not tried any of the Froyo or Linux updates, but I did succesfully update a frozen pad from the SD card using a WinHex image and the 1480 firmeare update that I got from a link on XDA developers forum, so yes it does boot from a SD card, you just have to have a image that works.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Thanks for clarifying. Some have internal danage but that is unlikely.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Usually those builds only come out for big brands.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Im not familiar with linux, but I burn Image using WinHex, that's where I convert my 1GB to 705MB, for the Flytouch2/SuperPad to Boot for SD card.

What I think Brian means is that he wants to literally run a Linux build on the tablet. Am I correct?