SD card for root

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I just got back from Walmart, where I purchased a Sandisk 8gb micro SD card w/ adapter. I can't find anywhere on packaging what "class" it is. I've seen people talk about "class". How do I know it will be ok for root?

Also, once root is complete, will I still be able to use this SD card as extra media storage on my NC?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Sorry for unnecessary post. Mods, please delete.

It says its a "micro sdhc" card. Is the little circled "4" the class?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Yes, that 4 says Class 4 :)

and did you bought NC also ??

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Also, once root is complete, will I still be able to use this SD card as extra media storage on my NC?

Yes, you will be able to use that card for storage. AFTER you use it for the autonooter, you will have to format it inside the nook, because the autonooter put a partition on the drive and it will only show up as a 39MB drive.

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
@avi Yes. Got the NC yesterday. Still playing around with the stock functions and a trial of a mag. Went case shopping today. I got a cover for it, but want something large enough to carry charger as well. Love it!

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
@darmeen Format it in the nook? I'll have to figure that out then. Thanks.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
i bought the same card i believe.. it worked perfectly.. and do as darmeen suggested.. after rooting, (first back up any files you may have put on your card after the root) go to settings>device info>SD Card>then unmount the card.. after the unmount click format.. this will free up all the space in your SD card again and it will be ready to use!

have fun

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Thanks guys. I'm so happy to see some of you are still awake. I'm about to start the root process in the next few minutes here, and I'm still nervous. Butterflies in the stomach kind of nervous. Hoping it goes smoothly, but glad that I still have some experts to go to at this hour. Thanks!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks guys. I'm so happy to see some of you are still awake. I'm about to start the root process in the next few minutes here, and I'm still nervous. Butterflies in the stomach kind of nervous. Hoping it goes smoothly, but glad that I still have some experts to go to at this hour. Thanks!

Well? How did it go?

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
In the end, it went well. Messed up partially through and had to start over. Took me an hour compared to 15 minute "norm". Lol. Glad its done. Posted my home screen on the owner's thread. Thanks again for all the help.