Sd card question.

Zman

Dec 14, 2010
I just got a 32 gig sd card and I have been downloading tons of music. It looks like my internal memory has to be used up first before things are saved to my sd card. Is that right? Also, is there a way to save apps to my sd card?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I just got a 32 gig sd card and I have been downloading tons of music. It looks like my internal memory has to be used up first before things are saved to my sd card. Is that right? Also, is there a way to save apps to my sd card?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

I think it partly depends on how well the apps you are using are coded, and how a particular implementation of android handles the naming convention for internal and external memory. Many apps save to SDCARD by default, which is the internal memory in the case of our Huawei S7, and after it is full they will not be able to save any more data at all. Other, better written apps allow you to choose between the internal card or the external microsd. And then, some android implementations on other tablets name the external card SDCARD, while mounting the internal one as SDCARD2

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Zman , for now what im doing is connecting the S7 up to my computer. Click the notification in top right of the menu. Then you will see two listings, one for the 8gb sd card then another for the external sdcard. Click either one of those and you hit mount. Then you will see a window open on your computer. I make a folder called Movies , and Music on my external sd card then all you do is take movies and music you want and put them on your sd card. Stuff your downloading from the web on the tablet will go to your /sdcard/downloads folder. If you want them on the external , mount both sdcards from the notification icon on menu then take all your stuff from /sdcard/downloads and move them to the /sdcard2 in whatever folder you setup.

Movie and Music players do have the option to set your default folder location.... / or /sdcard or /sdcard2

hope that helps a bit