Self Installed App

Heather80

Oct 9, 2014
I have only had my android tablet for about a month and I went to use it the other day to find a new app of some kind had apparently installed itself. It claims to be a speed booster by the name of DU Speed Booster. I have tried to uninstall only to find that in settings there is NO option to uninstall this. I have done THREE hard resets on my tablet and this app is STILL there. The only thing I have been able to do is disable it, and even then it only stays off until I power it down and then back up. Since this app has been on my tablet I am getting pop ups like CRAZY. Someone please, please tell me how to get rid of this insane app?!?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Heather, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

Try long pressing on the app in the app drawer. A trashcan should appear that you can drag/drop the app into or you might have a delete option appear. In case that doesn't work, I'm also moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you. More people are likely to join the discussion there and try to help you. Good luck!

Heather80

Oct 9, 2014
Hi Heather, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

Try long pressing on the app in the app drawer. A trashcan should appear that you can drag/drop the app into or you might have a delete option appear. In case that doesn't work, I'm also moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you. More people are likely to join the discussion there and try to help you. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply but the long pressing, dragging, simply clicking, nothing brings up an uninstall option. It's like this was downloaded by the system but it's junk. Malware or something and I can't get rid of it. I don't know what to do. Even after the 4th reset it's STILL THERE

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Heather, try uninstalling it from the settings menu.
Settings/Apps/All. Scroll down to the DU app. Open the app information. At the top should be a button to uninstall. Click it and confirm when asked.