Several Newbie questions

jacatone

Aug 27, 2010
New to Android and have several newbie questions.

Is there a pdf "how to" manual out there I can download. Doesn't seem to be an "Android for Dummies" book available.

How do you select and download a file in Android?

Apparently Coby is coming out with a batch of Android tablets, but I can't find a brick and mortar or online source to buy one. Anyone know of one?

Is there a PC version of Android, I could install on a spare computer to play around with or is it mostly for tablets?

Thanks.

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
New to Android and have several newbie questions.

Is there a pdf "how to" manual out there I can download. Doesn't seem to be an "Android for Dummies" book available.

How do you select and download a file in Android?

Apparently Coby is coming out with a batch of Android tablets, but I can't find a brick and mortar or online source to buy one. Anyone know of one?

Is there a PC version of Android, I could install on a spare computer to play around with or is it mostly for tablets?

Thanks.

Just play with it. Its not hard to figure out.

Yes there is the android x86 project. You can put droid 3.2 or 2.3 on a netbook. Google 'android netbook' or ' android x86' and you find a plethera of info on it. Im currently working on a 3.2 release for acer and dell netbooks.

You can also install the x86 version with virtualbox or vmware. Again, google for loads of tuts on the subject.

No idea about coby, sry :/

Sent from my PD SuperNova DLX