Should I buy the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

AndroidSpider

Dec 12, 2011
Hi Everyone

been looking around to see what tablets are around and one that i like is the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Im not new to android as my current phone ( Nexus S) is android and i like the interface on it. there does seem one common issue with Galaxy Tab 10.1, the oil slick. is it as big a problem as made out by people?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
I have nothing but good things to say about my Android Tablet. First of all let's get one thing out of the why, this is a piece of electronic equipment. Obvious right! that said one should know every thing has it's quirks. The IPad2 too has issues the only thing is Fanboys don't like airing their dirty laundry. This tablet and it's OS now on Version 3.2 and is very stable and the tablet itself is a great joy to use. Lots of apps to choice from. The IPad boast that it has millions of app but just like the Android Market you'll only end up with a couple of great apps that you'll use on a daily basis.
The reason your in this forum is your looking for a Gt...will you have the 8.9 w/1.5 dual core or the 10. w/1gig dual core....
Don't know if the deal is still on AT&T but if you Bought a 8.9 for 499.00 they threw in a 4.3 1.5 galaxy SII...what a deal. I have a GT 10.1 I was still tempted.
Hope this helps

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
PS...Forget about the oil slick this tablet is been in production fo some time
now...that was earlier units, this has been corrected by now.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I did a large amount of research before purchasing a tablet. The ones I was interested in were the Galaxy Tab, the Transformer, and the Ipad 2.
The Ipad went out the window early because of pricing.
The Galaxy has great reviews, but I also wanted the ability to use an SD card to double the capicity and switch files and programs around easily.
I went with the Transformer because it had everything I wanted, great resolution, high quality build, sd card capability, excess to 1000's of apps. And a good price.
The only trade off was that the TF is a bit bulkier then the Galaxy.

Last edited:

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
If your happy with it that is what counts...Very Nice tablet...yes the SD card slot would have been a welcome sight on the GT...If they would have included that feature i believe their fight with Apple would have been mute.
Have fun...The best thing we all share is the OS...Will have fun with ICS.
Cheers

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Still lovingmy gt10.1

Only issue I've had turned out to be my own doing. My needs are small thou web, email, twitter.
My only gripe with android os is not easy to tell between phonne & tablet apps...... and no sopcast

Jun 29, 2011
As an iPad and Galaxy Tab 10.1 owner, between the 2 greatly prefer the Tab. My iPad is literally a child book reader now, my 4 year old uses it for books.
The oil slick was a problem with the initial batch that has since been solved.
No it doesn't have extra ports but with the adaptor I have both the slim factor and the ability to plug in my cards. I have found I don't use the adaptor very often as there are so many ways to move data wirelessly on it.
If you aren't in a hurry there is a new crop of tablets coming on the near horizon that will be well worth waiting for. If I had to do it again I'd buy another Galaxy Tab over the other available choices

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
You'll probably doing the right thing waiting...One: you'll must likely get it at a lower price or you'll get the next Generation with Quad core processor...both options are a win-win situation.
Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If you are waiting a few weeks,

Another to throw in the mix is the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime. Scheduled for US release sometime soon (hard to know the date with all the rumors)

Quad Core 1.3 Tegra 3
Brighter screen than any other tablet for outside viewing (kills the battery if you keep it up real high)
Thinner than a Galaxy Tab 10.1
Much nicer looking than the Transformer
32 GB starting at $499
Should have ICS on it shortly after launch

It will also come down to availability on this one too as it may be tough to get your hands on. I have seen this on MSNBC and in some other press headlines so it is getting some good hype as an iPad alternative being the first quad core tablet released.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
If you are waiting a few weeks,

Another to throw in the mix is the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime. Scheduled for US release sometime soon (hard to know the date with all the rumors)

Quad Core 1.3 Tegra 3
Brighter screen than any other tablet for outside viewing (kills the battery if you keep it up real high)
Thinner than a Galaxy Tab 10.1
Much nicer looking than the Transformer
32 GB starting at $499
Should have ICS on it shortly after launch

It will also come down to availability on this one too as it may be tough to get your hands on. I have seen this on MSNBC and in some other press headlines so it is getting some good hype as an iPad alternative being the first quad core tablet released.

Don't you just hate it when someone makes our choices even harder!!! J/K

cereal_killer

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2011
Galaxy Tab is a great piece of hardware. If you choose to purchase it you won't be disappointed but there is always the issue of new tech right around the corner :)

I personally would wait for the Transformer Prime but that's just me.