Should i buy?

Samsung Galaxy - Yes or No?

• Total voters

philipblair

Dec 2, 2010
Hi everyone,
I a newbie on the forum. Currently have an HTC Desire and love it. I am thinking of investing an android tablet, so with that in mind what are the thoughts of those you who have taken the plunge should I go for the Samsung Galaxy or should I consider on of the other Tablets available? Any and all comments will be appreciated, I have only got a limited window of opportunity to get the tab so need to make a decision soon.

Philip Blair

Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland.

LS650

Nov 11, 2010
Exactly what I was going to write; you get what you pay for, and with the Galaxy you get a lot....

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I voted no, as I do not think $600.00 is a good price for this device. Once more tablet's hit the market very soon in 2011, people will be kicking themselves because they laid down $600.00 for a tablet that will be sub-$300 in the next 4-5 months.

Technology moves very fast, and prices always drop. Once there is major competition, the consumers always win. They win with better devices, cheaper prices, and new technologies. That is why I bought a very low-end tablet, because I know in a few months... I can easily buy a very good tablet for a very comparable price.

jbug

Nov 17, 2010
True, the price is high and will come down later. But if you can afford it, its a great device to have now. Just depends on how patient you are. :)

phfaty

Oct 9, 2010
You should look at the viewsonic G-tablet which sells for $399 and has an awesome 10.1" capacitive touch screen, 512mb memory, and a green screen cleaning cloth.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
If you want something cheaper than you can take a look at the link in my signature. It is very useful if you don't know what tablet to buy. Most 7" tablets from there are under 200$

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
You should look at the viewsonic G-tablet which sells for $399 and has an awesome 10.1" capacitive touch screen, 512mb memory, and a green screen cleaning cloth.

I bought the gtab and within the first Few mins of having it turned on had so many force close I couldn't open any apps at all. It doesn't have market access and according to the view sonic support never will. Yes the galaxy is expensive and for not you need to pay for 3g but its a ggreat device and is more then I expected.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk