Siri on Android - Coming Soon?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
applidium.JPG

So it appears the folks over at Applidium in France have cracked open the iPhone 4S well enough to get an understanding and structure of Siri's API and Protocol, and have been able to use it to process functions on Android. While any kind of Siri app on the Android is still completely unsanctioned by Apple, and would require a couple of different hacks including finding an iPhone 4S identifier to use in order to spoof the Apple servers, it can be done and they are now working on an app for our devices.

Interestingly they have also used their findings to build a Siri app for the iPad, if Apple were to sanction that, would they have to open it to other OS builds? It also appears that Apple has created some new HTTP tweaks, including a custom ACE method instead of using a GET method and their content length appears to max at 2Gb (no, that is NOT a typo). No wonder it requires a 3g/4g connection.

Anyway, for more information check out the blog posting over at Applidium.

All I can say is good luck to them!

Sources - (Applidium)

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Forget Siri on Android, give me Watson on Android! :D

Me: "Watson highest commercially navigable lake in the world please."
Watson: "What is Lake Titicaca?"
Me: "Ha ha Watson, do you know what you just said?"
Watson: "Please restate your question in the form of an answer."

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Wonder how long it will take Aaple's lawyers to sue saying they are in violation of reverse engineering?