Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Has anyone got Skype (just the messaging, obviously ) running? When I try I get to the title page and that's it.

Sent from my Nook Color

dblock110

Jan 29, 2011
this is what happened to me:

there is a button at the very bottom of that page, you need to press it to continue

its very hard to press because the bottom notification bar is blocking most of it, but you can def get it after a few tries

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks very much for the advice, you got it exactly right. There was just a sliver visible which I hadn't noticed.
All up and running now :)

Sent from my Nook Color

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
What do you mean for-all up and running- ....just the messaging? There is any way one can use skype on the nook?

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Just the messaging. As far as I'm aware the calls side can't be used yet, roll on bluetooth

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
What do you mean for-all up and running- ....just the messaging? There is any way one can use skype on the nook?

At this point, I doubt seriously that the Nook will be able to utilize skype. The audio components in it were not designed to handle a mic. Of course they did this to keep the price down...even though I can see a legit reason for having audio input in the Nook Color (unrooted, just as a good e-reader), B&N did not, or they felt it was not cost effective.

tonam35

May 8, 2011
I've seen a lot about Skype for tablets (which I have got). It doesn't work (when you launch it momentarily shows the splash screen, and then dies). I contacted Skye support and they were quite clear that they have no software available which would allow Skype to access their system using a domestic wi-fi router. May happen but not specific about when.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
You need an older version of Skype. Look for Skype (Beta).apk can't find the link at the moment

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk