Snesoid? SQLITE Editor?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I cannot get Snesoid lite or Gensoid lite to work. I have installed it from the market and I am using game roms that work on my droid 1. They just get frozen at games start menu on Nook. Is there anything special I need to do to get emulators to work?

Also does anyone know if SQLITE Editor is working in the market? I want to be able to install non-market apps. I do not have adb access. Is there another way of doing this?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Also last question i promise : ) what are the benefits of getting the update to 1.0.1 and then re rooting to the newer 1.0.1 auto nooter rom?

sent from my rooted nook color

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010
I cannot get Snesoid lite or Gensoid lite to work. I have installed it from the market and I am using game roms that work on my droid 1. They just get frozen at games start menu on Nook. Is there anything special I need to do to get emulators to work?

Snesoid works on my NC without any problems.

Also does anyone know if SQLITE Editor is working in the market? I want to be able to install non-market apps. I do not have adb access. Is there another way of doing this?

If you go to nook color tools, there is a checkbox to enable non-market apps. Sometimes you have to uncheck and recheck it, but after that you can use something like astro to install .apk files from your sd card. No ADB access necessary. AFAIK, sqlite editor works fine (from reading other posts where people have used it), just not free :)

As to updating ... I don't recall what the update fixed aside from some potential flaky wifi issues. If you're not too far into setting things up, I'd go ahead and update and re-root. Don't see much reason no to.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

Not sure about your first question, I'll try on my NC later. You should be able to install any app non-market or market, since you used the auo-nooter to root. Copy the apk to your sd card and install from ASTRO or a file explorer of your choosing.

Also last question i promise : ) what are the benefits of getting the update to 1.0.1 and then re rooting to the newer 1.0.1 auto nooter rom?

sent from my rooted nook color

Here is what update 1.0.1 does: What is the 1.0.1 update? - nookDevs

To my knowledge and have also experienced with my NC, the update will automatically load to your NC, rooted or not, unless you disable ota (over the air) updates. If you choose to disable, which I don't recommend, here is how: [URL="http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/5595-there-place-turn-off-auto-updates.html#post31759"](How To) Turn off Auto Updates[/url]

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Will the auto update un-root me?

Also I am not seeing Nook Color tools in my apps. Where is it located? I used auto nooter 2.12.15 file 15 Dec 2010 for 1.0.0 when rooting.

I downloaded snesoid from the market. Is it the Game Rom I am using? What should the extension be for the snes game roms, mine says ".smc"

Thanks for the help guys

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010
Will the auto update un-root me?

Yes

Also I am not seeing Nook Color tools in my apps. Where is it located? I used auto nooter 2.12.15 file 15 Dec 2010 for 1.0.0 when rooting.

S/b in your apps. AFAIK, either version of auto-nooter (.15 or .25 for the 1.01) installs nookcolor tools.

I downloaded snesoid from the market. Is it the Game Rom I am using? What should the extension be for the snes game roms, mine says ".smc"

Thanks for the help guys

You don't need to unzip the roms. But yes, try a different one. Enable virtual keypad in sensoid settings.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks. I will try a different snes rom later, and check for nookcolor tools again when I go home for lunch.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
* Edit: Didn't re-root properly, all fixed now!

OK I unrooted did the update to 1.0.1 then rerooted. Everything booted up ok. Went to market shows my downloads from before the rooting>unrooting>update>rerooting process. When I go to download an app it just stays at starting download and doesn't do anything. Any ideas. I now have nook tools and I am rooted with superuser.

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
* Edit: Didn't re-root properly, all fixed now!

Also Titanium Backup will not open and none of my google apps are working except for i can open market

Last edited:

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
nesoid was working great on my NC last night. Was playing baseball stars and excitebike. I used rom grabber free to get the games. I was surprised at how well it worked overall

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yes I have loaded Rom Gripper and downloaded a rom. It still doesn't work through the app snesoid. Should I be using another emulator to play snes game roms?

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
i saw that you had said snesoid, so i downloaded the lite version of it and it was working just as good as nesoid. I played madden 98 and street fighter. No ill effects

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yeah I got some games working but some are still not. I had to disable the sound to get some to work.

Sent from my Droid