[SOLVED] Connecting Allwinner A-23

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi all,
I have an Allwinner A-23 tablet that I rooted with Kingo, and am having trouble connecting to Wifi with it.
It says "Authenticating" then for a couple of minute, then "Authentication Problem".
It may be just a password problem. I have no idea what the password is.
It's Android 4.2.2
Firmware 2.0.8
Model Q8H
And, oh yes ..... I have overclocked it No-frills CPU Control
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
..... john

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2)~01.jpg

Doesn't appear to be an issue with your tablet as much as your WiFi. You'll need to re-enter the original password, for the wifi.

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
There is already a name on the account. Could that mean it's password protected?
.... john

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
You should check with whoever installed it, John. Once you have the password you can change it to whatever you like, assuming it's yours you're trying to sort out.

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi,
"You should check with whoever installed it, John. Once you have the password you can change it to whatever you like, assuming it's yours you're trying to sort out."
Well, that's the thing I don't know. I bought the tablet (for next to nothing) at a used stuff store, and gave it to my wife, who played games on it. When she got an iPad she gave it back to me. I rooted and overclocked it, then decided to try it on the net. But it had her name in the connection area (I don't know what you call that.) She says she didn't do it, and I believe her, because she wouldn't know how to do it. Still .,.. there it is. I've tried everything I can think of (mostly information on the router, passwords, SSID, username), but I cannot get it to connect. I'm familiar with solving computer problems, but I'm a babe in the woods wrt tablets. Maybe I have to do a hard reset??
Thanks for you help.
....... john

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi PitCarver,
The problem has been resolved. My granddaughter had set up the WiFi connection on this tablet and she gave me the password. After that it went very smoothly.
Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it.
...... john

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum John. Glad to hear you got that problem sorted out. :)

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi PitCarver,
Yes, I did. A hard reset was scheduled for the next day that my granddaugter came over. And, just chance, I told her about my problem. She picked up the tablet, entered the password (that she must have setup originally), et voila! It's not a great tablet, but it's fine for listening to music, storing pictures, and in a pinch checking emails. After I over clocked it, it's a little snappier.Hell, I only paid $5 for it.
Thanks again.
... john