[SOLVED] GT90H Demo On Screen

mlen51

Oct 11, 2014
Complete novice here how would I remove the word DEMO in red across my tablet screen any help would be great thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mlen51, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help. Good luck!

mlen51

Oct 11, 2014
Hi mlen51, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help. Good luck!

Thanks for your help I have used the file and that Pctech posted and it has fixed tablet no more DEMO on the screen thanks to all

mlen51

Oct 11, 2014

canopic

Aug 1, 2015
Thanks for your help I have used the file and that Pctech posted and it has fixed tablet no more DEMO on the screen thanks to all

Help I have same problem on GT90H Tablet Android 4.2.2 [A23 CPU]
I have also seen the solution posted for the Zeepad Tablet using a ZIP file, but I think I need a ZIP file for the GT90H. I assume this is what above user got from the PcTech and possibly a few instructions? Where can I get these or can they be emailed to me? If it is too big for EMAIL then I can Download it.
Thanks - This Tablet got this Demo issue in Feb so it has not been useable for a long time. Is it correct to call it a Trojan? All replies appreciated.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There is no zip file specific to your model number. The PCTech file is the one you use, and can be downloaded from his thread (link is in one of my posts above). If I recall, it's simply an APK file that you install.

The file itself isn't a trojan, and the demo issue really isn't one either.

canopic

Aug 1, 2015
There is no zip file specific to your model number. The PCTech file is the one you use, and can be downloaded from his thread (link is in one of my posts above). If I recall, it's simply an APK file that you install.

The file itself isn't a trojan, and the demo issue really isn't one either.

canopic

Aug 1, 2015
Thanks a lot for your reply. The ZIP file I found is called SystemPack.zip and is the one used to fix this issue on the Zeepad. It is a 1GB file, so its too big to be an android system patch, so I think it must be a complete android v4.2.2 operating system. Am I correct? I like to work from a position of understanding. It IS an .APK file whatever that means.[I just understand it is some kind of compressed android archive.] Will it completely replace my [infected?] android system?
If this is an android OS, how can I find out what version of kernel it uses? If the kernel is older or newer might it be incompatible with the firmware drivers, or are they all part of the APK also? I asked my question about Trojans because I found this WARNING on an android developer site concerning Chinese APK images for a range of Tablets. It appears to give some insight into what the cause of the Demo problem really is and what one is dealing with. I Quote:

"Most of images provided by chinese developers contain trojan called CloudService.apk

It is known to download some other files from the internet, ping to chinese servers providing some information about device etc.

After removing it without modifications to system there will be big red DEMO overlay on screen.
More information: http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=8572.0"

This seems to say that the Demo problem is caused by removing the trojan, which makes me worry that the fix may be being achieved by putting the trojan back. Can I be sure that the file SystemPack.zip is not putting it back? [If it was created from a chinese APK image possibly downloaded from a chinese site - then it could easily contain the trojan] Cheers.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You misread the size of the file. It's 1MB, not 1GB, and thus it's one-thousand times smaller than you think it is. If the APK were to restore the trojan, then I would have deleted it long ago. In fact, multiple virus engines have found no problems with the file itself, as mentioned upthread. However, if my word isn't sufficient, then decompile the app using Virtuous Ten Studio and look at it yourself.

canopic

Aug 1, 2015
You misread the size of the file. It's 1MB, not 1GB, and thus it's one-thousand times smaller than you think it is. If the APK were to restore the trojan, then I would have deleted it long ago. In fact, multiple virus engines have found no problems with the file itself, as mentioned upthread. However, if my word isn't sufficient, then decompile the app using Virtuous Ten Studio and look at it yourself.
You are absolutely right! I did mis-read size of the file, and of course that changes everything. Sorry for the mistake. My only excuse is I have very bad eyesight and have to read everything on PC screen through a powerful magnifying glass. So again sorry. Your reassurance is I think enough and I will try using this 1 MB file and let you know the result. Cheers.