[SOLVED] How to Remove "Demo" from the Zeepad Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
Sorry Pctech my english is very bad, it's very difficult to understand your message.
i would said my level in informatic is not bad. i fallow your tutorial but i dont resolve my problem.
would you other information about my tablet?
again tank you to the help;)

No problem, If you could just tell me which part of the post that I made, that you did not understand or that did not work for you?

bloodcat

Nov 5, 2014
Hello everyone!

They have emailed me back, and i have the file and instructions that are needed to remove the demo off the ZeePad 7DRK I will upload the file and instructions for this process in this thread. Please sticky or whatever to help others with this process. ( NOTE DO NOT FACTORY WIPE THE DEVICE OR YOU WILL SEE THE DEMO ACROSS THE SCREEN AGAIN )

The file is zipped and virus scanned with Avast, and AVG.

************* EMAIL *******************

Hello there
Please try the below instructions to your tablet.

Open your email on the tablet itself, then you need to click on the attachment and download the file. Once the download is complete, Install the software to your tablet. Then you need to TURN OFF your tablet and RESTART it again.
This process correct the issue on the tablet

Note: To install this package please use the APK Installer App that is loaded on the device

My Version

Step 1. Download the Zip file and save it to a folder on your desktop. If you cannot save it to your desktop, look in your downloads folder Ex. C:\Users\Downloads or winxp C:\Documents and Settings\ < Your User Name >\ Downloads

Step 2. Extract the zip file with ( http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm ) Choose your language

Step 3. Load this on a SD Card that can be inserted on the back of the tablet.. ( This was the best way for me , as i could not figure out how to detatch my email account from the tablets )
A. You can open the email from the tablet and download / install from there... but getting my email account away from the tablet was almost impossible

Step 4. Once you have it on your tablet, Use the APK Installer in the application menu of the device.

Step 5. Once you open the APK Installer, click on Install, choose the TF Card , At the bottom you should see " SystemPack.APK"

Step 6. Once Agree to the terms and click on install.

Step 7. Power off the tablet, Wait about 20 Seconds, then power the tablet back on.

Step 8. No more DEMO!!

Again their tech support email is
Tech Support <[email protected]>

Hope this helps everyone with this random issue.

Good luck to you all!!

Thank You to all above this post who took time to help me out!! :D

Pctech

bloodcat

Nov 5, 2014
Thx PcTech, this has removed the DEMO from my daughters tablet, although my process was slightly different. I followed your instructions and did the power off/wait 20 sec/pwr on.....demo still stuck.....I repeated this process several times waiting a minute or more off, but DEMO still there.....I was frustrated and had started searching other forums....anyhow, I had to reboot for another unrelated reason and just selected reboot (no pwr off/wait/pwr on) and HEY PRESTO, DEMO gone!!!! So, a good result in the end....thank you very much

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
Thx PcTech, this has removed the DEMO from my daughters tablet, although my process was slightly different. I followed your instructions and did the power off/wait 20 sec/pwr on.....demo still stuck.....I repeated this process several times waiting a minute or more off, but DEMO still there.....I was frustrated and had started searching other forums....anyhow, I had to reboot for another unrelated reason and just selected reboot (no pwr off/wait/pwr on) and HEY PRESTO, DEMO gone!!!! So, a good result in the end....thank you very much
=============================

that's awesome! Glad it worked for you!! Hope others see this post and it will help them as well.

arvind

Nov 16, 2014
Hello everyone!

They have emailed me back, and i have the file and instructions that are needed to remove the demo off the ZeePad 7DRK I will upload the file and instructions for this process in this thread. Please sticky or whatever to help others with this process. ( NOTE DO NOT FACTORY WIPE THE DEVICE OR YOU WILL SEE THE DEMO ACROSS THE SCREEN AGAIN )

The file is zipped and virus scanned with Avast, and AVG.

************* EMAIL *******************

Hello there
Please try the below instructions to your tablet.

Open your email on the tablet itself, then you need to click on the attachment and download the file. Once the download is complete, Install the software to your tablet. Then you need to TURN OFF your tablet and RESTART it again.
This process correct the issue on the tablet

Note: To install this package please use the APK Installer App that is loaded on the device

My Version

Step 1. Download the Zip file and save it to a folder on your desktop. If you cannot save it to your desktop, look in your downloads folder Ex. C:\Users\Downloads or winxp C:\Documents and Settings\ < Your User Name >\ Downloads

Step 2. Extract the zip file with ( http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm ) Choose your language

Step 3. Load this on a SD Card that can be inserted on the back of the tablet.. ( This was the best way for me , as i could not figure out how to detatch my email account from the tablets )
A. You can open the email from the tablet and download / install from there... but getting my email account away from the tablet was almost impossible

Step 4. Once you have it on your tablet, Use the APK Installer in the application menu of the device.

Step 5. Once you open the APK Installer, click on Install, choose the TF Card , At the bottom you should see " SystemPack.APK"

Step 6. Once Agree to the terms and click on install.

Step 7. Power off the tablet, Wait about 20 Seconds, then power the tablet back on.

Step 8. No more DEMO!!

Again their tech support email is
Tech Support <[email protected]>

Hope this helps everyone with this random issue.

Good luck to you all!!

Thank You to all above this post who took time to help me out!! :D

Pctech

d3vr

Nov 20, 2014

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
Thank you Pctech for trying to help out with this issue, the apk you provided didn't work, I have the same issue as IT Pro:
an existing package with the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

Fortunately after searching a bit more, I was able to find another apk which worked just FINE *__*
Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2jf9bdj6f6rmz6c/SystemUpdatePatch.apk

(found on XDA-developers forum)

Glad to hear that you got it working! Thank you for the update!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Thank you Pctech for trying to help out with this issue, the apk you provided didn't work, I have the same issue as IT Pro:
an existing package with the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.
Just to point this out, but when you encounter this error in the future, you have to uninstall the old app first before you can install the new version. A good example of this is the AdAway app. After AdAway was removed from the Play Store, FDroid.org began hosting it as it was a GPL app that they could build. The versions of the app on FDroid.org have a different signature than the Play Store version. If you attempt to install FDroid versions of AdAway over the Play Store version, you will get this error and the app will not install. Only by completely removing the Play Store version can you install the FDroid version of AdAway.

If the app with the conflicting signature is in the /system/app or /system/priv-app directories, you'll need to root the tablet and delete the app from either of those locations manually, using a file manager like ES File Manager or Astro. From there you can then install the app normally.

d3vr

Nov 20, 2014
Just to point this out, but when you encounter this error in the future, you have to uninstall the old app first before you can install the new version.
I actually tried removing it with an app like System app remover, but it wouldn't work, it was a system app that couldn't be removed somehow!

If the app with the conflicting signature is in the /system/app or /system/priv-app directories, you'll need to root the tablet and delete the app from either of those locations manually, using a file manager like ES File Manager or Astro. From there you can then install the app normally.
The tablet is already rooted, but I didn't know how I can manually remove system apps, so thanks for the info, really appreciated :)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The two file managers I mentioned have root support. You grant them root access, go into the directories mentioned, and move the apps and their accompanying .odex files to the MicroSD card. That is how an app is uninstalled from /system, as the apps in the /system partition are not installed like an app from the Play Store is installed.

Regarding removing said app and the app not being removed, are you positive you granted root access to the app you were using? That's the only way I know of that the app wouldn't have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.